1 2 3 4
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/23 1:47 p.m.

Been looking for a few older threads to add to and cannot find them.  Bad searching?  I just missed them?  Removed?  

Being able to search users by posts and posts started would be nice.  I've also seen other forums do searches by subforum such as builds or for sale forum.  That could be added.  

I know some threads have been removed.  Are the ones I'm looking for also removed?  

10/7/23 3:29 p.m.

Tried google.  Found the thread.  Got this.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/7/23 3:44 p.m.

The best way is put 

site:grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum

then a space then what you're searching for into google, that should bring up what you're looking for, if you get that error after finding the link though, it is a deleted thread. 

10/7/23 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

You are correct.  

Opti
Opti SuperDork
10/7/23 4:45 p.m.

Do threads get deleted automatically?

10/7/23 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

I know it isn't based on time.  I found older threads that were not active in the same sub-forums that still exist.  It seems to me that someone has to probably have some level of involvement.  I was looking for two specific threads.  One was in the classifieds and one was in the build threads. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/7/23 7:09 p.m.
Opti said:

Do threads get deleted automatically?

No. There are posts from 10+ years ago here. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/7/23 7:57 p.m.

Not automatically, but they definitely get lost in the void.  Lots of old threads are missing big chunks of info, others disappear entirely. 

10/7/23 11:00 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yes but the two threads I was looking for aren't that old and they are missing completely.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/7/23 11:05 p.m.

You may need to send GRM a message and ask for them to resurrect them.  Many active threads have been lost here, usually the staff is able to recover them (at least partially) 

10/8/23 1:22 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

You may need to send GRM a message and ask for them to resurrect them.  Many active threads have been lost here, usually the staff is able to recover them (at least partially) 

That's an idea, but if the staff chose to remove them would that help?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/8/23 2:11 p.m.

I think you know the answer :)

10/8/23 2:40 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

I think you know the answer :)

Okay suppose that is possible.  Why would they remove a build thread and a for sale thread?  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/23 3:09 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Why would you ask ProDarwin to read other people's minds?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/8/23 3:30 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:Why would they remove a build thread and a for sale thread?  

That's just the messed up forum software doing its thing.  Those aren't intentional (I think), they just get lost from time to time.  In those cases I would definitely just ask the staff.

10/8/23 3:36 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I really hope you are right.  I'd hate to think it was even potentially intentional.

10/8/23 3:37 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Hope you are having a great day, but I'm not sure what you are getting at. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/23 3:53 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yes but the two threads I was looking for aren't that old and they are missing completely.  

If they were started by a member who got banned, like GorillaGarage or frenchyd, then every thread they made gets deleted as well. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/8/23 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Well that sucks

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/8/23 4:16 p.m.

Yup.  But I know threads I have started that are not controversial in any way have gone missing.  I've also seen big popular threads go missing - in fact if you watch you will notice many others post threads like "what happened to this other thread?"

for example https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/what-happened-to-the-grassroots-pedalsports-thread/172757/page1/

Javelin
10/8/23 4:23 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to Javelin :

Well that sucks

Agreed. There's a regular ban that doesn't do that, but the "nuke" button does. I can count on one hand the number of non-spammers that have been nuked. Unfortunately, frenchyd is one of them. 

Javelin
10/8/23 4:25 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Yup.  But I know threads I have started that are not controversial in any way have gone missing.  I've also seen big popular threads go missing - in fact if you watch you will notice many others post threads like "what happened to this other thread?"

for example https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/what-happened-to-the-grassroots-pedalsports-thread/172757/page1/

Also correct. There's a ghost in the machine for sure in regards to threads. Just think of the missing threads as the 10mm sockets of GRM and buy (start) another one. 

10/8/23 5:46 p.m.

Strange.  I scored a cool part for my Miata this weekend and was going to update my old build thread.  It's gone missing though.  And I was going to lower pricing on some for sale items also gone.  

10/8/23 9:11 p.m.

Now I've found a 3rd thread that has gone missing.  Is everyone sure this wasn't possibly more purposeful?

Opti
Opti SuperDork
10/8/23 9:17 p.m.

Wait frenchy got nuked?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EKtL7MiH6kvCCNjtxT81WdWI589ZpRrUnLAzxgtJJO5Wm9RcwYAuO0H5qDdQt1ef