1 2 3
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/22 5:28 p.m.

More than 5 years ago I started writing a lot about Prius here on GRM and it was back then that I made the decision, for me, that the plural would be the same as the singular.  Common words with this are deer, fish, moose, aircraft, chinos, police and 101 other words.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/22 6:29 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

Prius Monger

The world needs people to monger things other than fish, cheese, and war. I think you could effectively monger Priuses.

Thank you for the vote of confidence in my ability to Monger.  

monger

/ˈməNGɡər/

combining form

1. denoting a dealer or trader in a specified commodity.

"fishmonger"

• a person who promotes a specified activity, situation, or feeling, especially one that is undesirable or discreditable.

"warmonger"

An interesting word that seems to have both a positive and a negative connotation.  I fear people will see the negative.   

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/22 6:32 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

I do agree that less is more but I love what Evan is doing for me here giving me at least a view of how the words play out in that font.  Prius Palooza is fun but the Z is really hard to read in that font and for a word that is not "common"

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/22 6:38 p.m.

The lead runners right now are
Prius Clinic 
or
Grassroots Prius

I'd like to see how Prius Clinic plays out on a card.  I also like that this starts with the word Prius.  

For Grassroots Prius where the word Prius is second, I envision a card where the long word Grassroots is in a smaller point type and the short word Prius is in a lager point type, thereby putting a prominence on the word Prius when you quickly glance at the card. The card would then direct to maybe Johnny@GrassrootsPrius.com and find us on FB at GrassrootsPrius

Some FB ads targeting people searching prius repair should bring some action.  

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/6/22 6:58 p.m.

Random brainstorm list..

PriusRx

Prius Fix

Breaking Prius

Prius Pal

Prius +

PriusTime

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/22 7:00 p.m.

A couple more quick mockups:

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/22 7:02 p.m.

Damn, that some fast turn around!  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/6/22 7:14 p.m.

Dr/Uncle/Big/ Mr John's

Prius Place

Different headings on your website

Prius Pharmacy (parts, diagnosis, repair)

Prius Palace (cosmetic upgrades, etc)

Prius Performance (battery upgrades, range extender info, best parts interchange from later models, suspension info for those who want sporty but not maxpeedingrods, etc)

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
7/6/22 8:21 p.m.
EvanB said:

I like this because it's in your face that you are interested in buying broken Prius .

With your knowledge buying a broken Prius is a couple grand profit , 

not so sure about the Palooza part......

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/6/22 8:33 p.m.
How about Prius Emporium?
Edit: Dang, I thought that I thought that up but you used it in your original post. My bad.
em·po·ri·um

[emˈpôrēəm]

NOUN

1. a large retail store selling a wide variety of goods.

synonyms:

shop · store · boutique · outlet · retail outlet · reseller · department store · chain store · supermarket · hypermarket · superstore · megastore · establishment

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/6/22 11:44 p.m.

This one's a winner in my opinion. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/7/22 12:04 a.m.

How about :

PRIUS DIAGNOSIS 

PRIUS PROGNOSIS

PROMOTING PRIUS

PHOREVER PRIUS

I like Phoever Prius. The forever spelled wrong would stick out. " why did they spell it wrong??"

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
7/7/22 6:47 a.m.

Uncle Johnny's Prius Shop

in an old-fashioned font

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/7/22 6:54 a.m.

Fixya Prius 

Prius Advice

Prius Doc

Prius Whisperer

Prius Emporium

Prius Peritus

Or just...

The Prius Guy

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/7/22 7:51 a.m.

My advice is to make it simple as possible and lead with the word "Prius." Most of you are overestimating the general population.  Now a days, people are too lazy to read past the first word. So Uncle John's Old Time Prius Service or something like that auto weeds out a lot of people. My advice:

"Prius Repair Express"

Gets to the point and plays on what we all crave - instant gratification. I need my Prius fixed right now! 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/7/22 8:30 a.m.
SV reX said:

To clarify...

I'm not saying its a winner because of the name.  I'm saying its a winner because of the layout.  It's simple, clean, and emphasizes the word "Prius".  Good use of both empty space and bold letters.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/22 9:03 a.m.
SV reX said:

Playing with some ideas:

Grassroots (small type in Prius font)
Prius (large type Prius font prominent enough that if you see just one word on the card, it's Prius)
Affordable Specialty Service & Repair (plain font small enough to fit on one line)

FB: GrassrootsPrius
service@GrassrootsPrius.com
419-123-4567

We buy broken Prius too (this font should not be larger than the line of "affordable...")

Some changes in idea.  These will be cards that I put on Prius that I see in parking lots.  So, generally, they will be placed on running cars.  I need them to first see repair.  That is why I moved "we buy too" to the last thing read.  I'd like them to remember that we buy them but as of today, they're likely in a running car.  I might hand write on each card, "please keep this card in your glove box and call me if you ever need help, John."

I have dropped "sales" from the card.  I have no problem finding buyers.  I don't want to queer the first impression by seeming vulture-like and predatory but I need the cars first before I can get the sales.  Being in the conversation that their car needs $1k worth of work ($2k elsewhere) is the path to getting cheap cars that I have pre-screened on overall condition.  

I like the name Clinic but in that Prius font the C's look like Ts and the word is hard to read.     I'm not yet sold on Grassroots but the font reads okay.  

EvanB
7/7/22 9:17 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/22 9:39 a.m.

Again with the super fast turn around!!!  

I don't hate it.  I actually like it.  I welcome feedback and detracting feedback.  

To Scotty, I like the blunt-ness of Prius Repair Express but I have fears that it's not "brand enough" and doesn't lend itself to easy FB or email.  Flyin' Miata says this is something different and Miata.  Miata Flyin' doesn't have the differentiation.   I am also not poised to be the fastest, I'm more poised to be cheapest so Express is a little "false" for my case.  

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/22 9:45 a.m.

To me Prius Clinic sounds better than Grassroots Prius.

I just don't like how the letter "C" looks on the font that Evan used on the business card example above. As much as I think font is important, I think its importance lies more on it being easy to read and not on it looking like a Toyota font. More than likely the person that will want to pay to have his Prius car will not be a car person and will have no clue what the font looks like on his car if they are not next to it.

Probably the only car person with a Prius is John lol.

EvanB
7/7/22 9:50 a.m.

I'm definitely not a designer but it's fun to play around with to take a break from my actual work. I do agree with SVRex that the designs with less are better. How about something like this to keep all the info but not have the entire card filled with text?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/22 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Prius Clinic does also get me the tag line "house calls available"  This could be the path to non-runners where I then arrive with a tow dolly and cash.  

I liked the name Prius in the font because I really believe the word in the font draws you to an image of the car and the familiarity.  But a way around that might be to have all the words written atop a Prius side profile.  You know, words written either a picture or a drawing of a Prius.  I just want as people fumble through papers or their glove box that they differentiate, this is the Prius card.  

EvanB
7/7/22 9:52 a.m.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/22 10:29 a.m.
EvanB said:

I like this much better.

Can you make the word "CLINIC" match the length of the word Prius but keeping the current font size? I would also make the next line "Affordable Specialty Service & Repair" a tad smaller font.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/7/22 10:35 a.m.

Has anybody suggested "Dr. Prius" yet? 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bn6vgTffFnSHHqcRoxaNBpH9fkWaW1ZwupkiyNrcQypSngcsqXMbcoX7yJALAElj