1 2
wawazat
wawazat Dork
10/17/21 7:40 p.m.

On the Ducati I always wave.  Most times I get a wave back.  In the Cougar I always wave back.  I also wave thanks for traffic stuff like being let in and letting others in when merging.  Why not right?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/21 9:46 p.m.

Other convertibles with the top down usually get a an open hand (I drive with one arm on the sill), other Z4s get a thumbs up, they're so rare around here that's only happened twice tho. Muscle cars get a big thumbs up. The other day a dude in a Hyundai/Kia sporty car slowed around a corner to give me a thumbs up, I was too surprised and hardly reacted in time. 

Driving thru neighborhoods in the minivan when my wife and I are contemplating where to move I wave to ppl. And on my own street too, even if they drive by in deep tint. I think it helps add to the community feel. 

Funny about rural. In Johnson County, MO where I drove parcel delivery, everyone gave a couple fingers from the top of the wheel, even Sheriff's deputies. I picked that habit up fast. Cops in the one "big town"? Nope. 

On my motorcycles I always try to wave to other riders, unless I'm too busy with the clutch hand in traffic, in which case I'll nod. Riding a bike always brings out the best in lots of former riders, future riders, and dreamers, and sadly occasionally brings out the worst in a few shiny happy people, but on balance the human interactions are always positive. I love to give a  couple throttle blips or a little wheelie if I can when I see a group of impressionable boys rubbernecking when they hear the bike approaching.

In my AE86 I used to get an interesting variety of reactions. I'd always wave/thumbs up for another AE86 or cool vintage Toyota. In those days I was enough of a snob that I wouldn't always wave at stanced Japanese E36 M3boxes or Subarus, but I got recognition from everything from Civics to 240SXs, Lexuses, Imprezas, etc.

These days I'd probably be more friendly and wave back, and sometimes when I'm in my FR-S these days I get recognition from other twins drivers, which I try to return. When I see something cool like anything 60's-80's that looks sporty and enthusiast-owned, I'll give a thumbs up if I can.

I'm dying of curiosity to see what happens when I start driving my Suzuki Cappuccino around...I imagine I might get some reactions! wink

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/21 10:21 p.m.

By the way, Frenchy, I don't think you have any official publisher status here or anything so I even more appreciate these conversations you start. You talk about being all old so make sure someone knows your login credentials or someone IRL will post on here in the event of your demise. I'd probably try to make it the the funeral even 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
10/17/21 10:25 p.m.

I live in a fairly small town and drive a unique car. Between the garage and parts store 2/3rds of the town seem to wave at me and I feel bad if I don't wave back 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Wtvis0C653f3algZtButh3Hv2QbkGjf75CMEPghjNnfedno16hJH5E12NdnGhwy