1 2 3 ... 7
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/4/08 9:21 p.m.

So, any comments? Surprises? Happy? Sad? And will this be our last political thread?

Discuss.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/4/08 9:25 p.m.

Butterflies. There's butterflies everywhere!

I can't believe how close VA & NC are. It's really coming down to the wire here.

David S. Wallens
11/4/08 9:27 p.m.

Yeah, in the last few minutes North Carolina went from like 49/51 to 50/50. Florida hasn't been called yet, either.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/4/08 9:31 p.m.

Living in VA...I'm calling it for Obama. We used to be an R stronghold. It's changing thanks to Northern Va and the influx of younger voters.

David S. Wallens
11/4/08 9:34 p.m.

And now McCain is leading North Carolina. Interesting to watch it flip-flop in less than 15 minutes. 83% of the votes have been counted.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/4/08 9:40 p.m.

I flipped on coverage, saw them call Louisiana with ONE percent reporting, and flipped out. I hate this crap, didn't they learn their lesson from Bush/Gore??!? On the bright side Modern Marvels has a sweet show on military planes on and I'm reading GRM on teh intarwebz.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/4/08 9:47 p.m.

The only thing I was really concerned with (Fla 2) doesn't seem to be going the way I hoped it would, so that's a bit of a bummer.

And watching some of the maps flip-flop has been quite interesting. Looks like the networks learned nothing in '04, although it doesn't appear it will bite them as hard this time around.

jg

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/4/08 9:51 p.m.

CNN has a berkeleying hologram, dude, will obama bring us hover cars?

A BERKELEYING HOLOGRAM!!!!

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
11/4/08 9:55 p.m.

When it's all over, will someone post the results in this thread? I don't want to watch the garbage on TV and trust you guys more anyways...

P71
11/4/08 9:58 p.m.

The robots voted in Richard Nixon's Head with Cthulhu for Vice. Free brain slugs for everybody!

mtn
mtn Dork
11/4/08 10:03 p.m.

NBC says Obama wins

David S. Wallens
11/4/08 10:04 p.m.

Fox just gave it to Obama, so you know it's pretty much over.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork

Yay Obama won! A potential catastrophe has turned into a mere disappointment!

amaff
amaff HalfDork

Jesus, it's 11 o' Clock and some jackass is driving up and down my street honking his horn. Apparently someone won. I refuse to turn the news on, I'll find out tomorrow what the outcome may or may not be.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
11/4/08 10:05 p.m.
P71 wrote: I flipped on coverage, saw them call Louisiana with ONE percent reporting, and flipped out. I hate this crap, didn't they learn their lesson from Bush/Gore??!? On the bright side Modern Marvels has a sweet show on military planes on and I'm reading GRM on teh intarwebz.

Oh yeah well they just called cali for Obama with 0% counted lol

aircooled
aircooled Dork
11/4/08 10:08 p.m.

CNN already called it... the west coast is pretty much a lock, so everyone can go to bed.

David S. Wallens
11/4/08 10:09 p.m.

This might still get ugly. From Fox's site:

PHOENIX, AZ-Breaking news from FNC chief political correspondent Carl Cameron, who spoke to several senior McCain aides a little while ago who tell him ” that there is no path” to victory for John McCain now, after Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Mexico have fallen into the Obama column. Cameron being told by insiders that more behind-the-scenes info will be revealed in the following days about the friction between the Palin camp and certain parts of the McCain camp, including Gov. Palin’s apparent refusal of interview prep before the infamous Katie Couric , and Charlie Gibson network interviews.

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/4/08 10:10 p.m.

Obama just won it, no surprise, sad.

P71
11/4/08 10:23 p.m.

Ruh-roh...

Yahoo is showing California as going to Obama. The problem? Obama 47%, McCain 51%. I took a picture for laughs later as it clearly says Winner! under Obama next to 47%.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
11/4/08 10:24 p.m.
aircooled wrote: CNN already called it... the west coast is pretty much a lock, so everyone can go to bed.

Its funny they are calling Cali for Obama with the 0%, however if you look at the votes counted so far McCain has it by 51% lol.

Politics is such BS

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
11/4/08 10:30 p.m.

McCain just conceeded.

Man am I glad this is over, though I wonder what the future holds.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
11/4/08 10:32 p.m.
kcbhiw wrote: McCain just conceeded. Man am I glad this is over, though I wonder what the future holds.

well you know how in movies when the planet is about to blow up the president is always black? well obama will be president in 2012

stroker
stroker New Reader
11/4/08 10:33 p.m.

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords...

David S. Wallens
11/4/08 10:37 p.m.
stroker wrote: I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords...

Personally, I welcome change. I also realize that the president cannot fix everything. However, I'd like to see the next president inspire each of us to do what we can to make things better. I think that's the most we can ask for.

P71
11/4/08 10:38 p.m.

I am Lur from the planet Omicron-Persei 8!

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kwXOD3N073s7DNiAST7UXCndwzJU7FDgKkJNBOvsmcmoplio58w2oFcggjW2zN9X