1 ... 3 4 5
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/29/12 8:37 a.m.
Marty! wrote:
mad_machine wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: Try this: name one industry that flourished when deregulation occurred...
It's funny.. I have asked this very question many times in many places.. people ALWAYS ignore it
That all depends on what your definition of flourish is and on what side of the regulation fence you stand on. For every winner there has to be a loser and vice versa.

flourished for a few... but mostly tanked on their own without something to guide them. Without some regulation, most business operate like small children, selfish and without looking at the big picture.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
1/29/12 9:59 a.m.
Kram wrote: How come Germany is so profitable a country yet one of the most expensive countries going with labour rates higher than the US?

Maybe because their taxes are so high? Or their universal, multi-payer health care? Shoot, they have all the things that are supposed to ruin an economy!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/29/12 10:18 a.m.

all I know about germany. Friend of mine is from Cologne Germany. I have known him since he moved to this country with his wife (who is an american). Recently her MB died.. so he gave her his and went car shopping for something cheaper.

He was amazed that he could walk into a Hyundai Dealership and walk out an hour or so later with a brand new sonata with so little down

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RWBKQATSfxkYbmRxDwBA3BPsQPx2MslqsajdKWiYAYwRloZ0vLE991QjR4nFlaTe