1 2
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
2/6/12 4:53 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: So wrong. Dude would be like 35 years old!

No prob. What was Bunta, about 40 or so? They could show Takumi's son delivering the tofu in an old WRX or something.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
2/6/12 6:04 p.m.

I only watched the live action...

Teqnyck
Teqnyck Reader
2/6/12 6:20 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: I want to say it was against either an S2000 or a Cappuccino.

Miata.

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
2/6/12 6:26 p.m.

I liked it for what it was, an automotive diversion. I bought all the DVD's I could find at Suncoast Video before they went teets up here. I could see this being continued with Tak's son driving the new Suba-yota, why not.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
2/6/12 7:40 p.m.

I love Initial D, even if it is pretty much "martial arts anime" with cars.

ReverendDexter wrote: The tofu car doesn't have a 20v. It's a Formula Atlantic motor, which to the best of my knowledge were all 16v. There is another similar engine (Group A?) that was 20v, though.

Word of God says that it's a 20v Group A engine:

Grizz
Grizz Dork
2/6/12 7:54 p.m.
Teqnyck wrote:
Derick Freese wrote: I want to say it was against either an S2000 or a Cappuccino.
Miata.

Also used it against the S2000 near the end of the 4th stage.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
2/6/12 8:55 p.m.

I gotta find the the dvds. I think the first couple I have are vhs.

Isnt the wheel drop a rally technique? I see rally drivers do that on tarmac stages and even Keichi on best motoring touge showdown.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
2/6/12 9:40 p.m.

It actually would be cool if they could show what Takumi is doing now.

trucke
trucke New Reader
2/7/12 9:52 a.m.
driver109x wrote: I gotta find the the dvds.

All episodes are all available for free on Hulu.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
2/7/12 10:30 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: It actually would be cool if they could show what Takumi is doing now.

I was thinking the same myself when someone said he'd be 35 now - has he gotten into pro racing of some sort? Still racing on the street? Coaching the next generation of drifters?

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
2/7/12 11:28 a.m.

In reply to MCarp22:

I'll have to accept that, then. I would've swore up and down that the swapped in motor had the dual-triangle valve cover from the FA engine:

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/12 11:38 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: It actually would be cool if they could show what Takumi is doing now.
I was thinking the same myself when someone said he'd be 35 now - has he gotten into pro racing of some sort? Still racing on the street? Coaching the next generation of drifters?

Trapped upside down in a burning car at the bottom of a mountain ravine?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
2/7/12 12:09 p.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

failboat
failboat HalfDork
2/7/12 12:51 p.m.

I tried to watch the anime series. I guess I didnt get to season 3. I do like the live action movie.

Wangan Midnight however, what I have seen of that I have enjoyed quite a bit.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
2/9/12 2:44 a.m.

You guys got me hooked! I started watching on Netflix downloads last month. For someone raised on Speed Racer, the animation is very realistic.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
2/10/12 9:44 a.m.
4eyes wrote: For someone raised on Speed Racer, the animation is very realistic.

about the best most accurate statement you can get when talking about Initial D

I think i'll spend some time watching it today... after homework lol (be funnier if It wasn't true grr)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DBKcGxLTEKLgF28AyDpqdwMJQWWvEalbUpFU7X1ic1n1nYHOkCJQ2qjZUJWYSBIT