1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/14/23 2:43 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Now that you've arrived, you do understand you have to bring the pimpiest pimped-out Monzora to next Challenge, right?

Margie

He did that already in my opinion! 

I can't wait to see it this coming year!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/14/23 2:46 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Fair point. Pimpiesterer.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/23 3:38 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Fair point. Pimpiesterer.

MonZora shall be the most pimpiesterer she can be within the constraints of the $2000 Challenge budget rules. i have no interest in running Exhibition.

and this FDA authorization is definitely a step toward arrival, but i haven't arrived yet.  in fact, i'm currently looking for a new streetcorner.  :-(

9/21/23 8:54 a.m.

Summary of 25,000-patient study

TLDR: it works.

[quote]

Background

Active esophageal cooling reduces the incidence of endoscopically identified severe esophageal lesions during radiofrequency (RF) catheter ablation of the left atrium for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. A formal analysis of the atrioesophageal fistula (AEF) rate with active esophageal cooling has not previously been performed.

Objectives

The authors aimed to compare AEF rates before and after the adoption of active esophageal cooling.

Methods

This institutional review board (IRB)-approved study was a prospective analysis of retrospective data, designed before collecting and analyzing the real-world data. The number of AEFs occurring in equivalent time frames before and after adoption of cooling using a dedicated esophageal cooling device (ensoETM, Attune Medical) were quantified across 25 prespecified hospital systems. AEF rates were then compared using generalized estimating equations robust to cluster correlation.

Results

A total of 14,224 patients received active esophageal cooling during RF ablation across the 25 hospital systems, which included a total of 30 separate hospitals. In the time frames before adoption of active cooling, a total of 10,962 patients received primarily luminal esophageal temperature (LET) monitoring during their RF ablations. In the preadoption cohort, a total of 16 AEFs occurred, for an AEF rate of 0.146%, in line with other published estimates for procedures using LET monitoring. In the postadoption cohort, no AEFs were found in the prespecified sites, yielding an AEF rate of 0% (P < 0.0001).

Conclusions

Adoption of active esophageal cooling during RF ablation of the left atrium for the treatment of atrial fibrillation was associated with a significant reduction in AEF rate.

[/quote]

I've heard that the mortality rate due to AEF is something like 80%, so within the ~14k patients who received active cooling via our device, if no such treatment existed we could have expected

14224 x 0.00146 = ~ 20 AEFs

~ 20 x 0.8 = ~16 deaths

so, we prevented 16 deaths within this study population, which I think is pretty cool. Overall our device has been used in something like 50k RF ablations. Even rounding down to make the maths easier, let's say before our device there was 1 death per 1000 patients. So the adoption of our device in this procedure has saved 50 lives. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
9/22/23 4:58 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Summary of 25,000-patient study

TLDR: it works.

I had an ablation almost two years ago.  Obviously I am still here.  I don't know if your device was used on me but I would venture to say yes as the hospital is one of the leading heart centers and has the best of everything.  So, thank you to you and your team!  Seriously.  

9/23/23 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

Dude. First, I'm glad you're still here. Second, it would be rad if your Physician is one of the early adopters. The data sure seem to suggest that there is great value in active esophageal cooling during RF afib ablations.

10/21/23 3:39 p.m.

3Q23 sales $5.64M. 18% over 2Q23, and 100% over 3Q22. Looking a little farther back, our total sales for CY21 was $5.6M. So yeah, growth.

10/26/23 2:37 p.m.

also cool, i don't think i've mentioned headcount in this thread.  we now have 33 full-time employees, up from 29 a few months ago.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/26/23 3:42 p.m.

Are you hiring a traveling technician yet? Cause that would be a fun gig working for you. 

2/9/24 11:01 a.m.

4Q23 product revenue $7.35M. that's 30% growth from 3Q23, and 113% from 4Q22.

CY23 product revenue $22.07M. that's 106% growth from CY22.

We have increased full time headcount from 33 to 40.

And it's unseasonably warm out today, which is nice.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/24 12:48 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

4Q23 product revenue $7.35M. that's 30% growth from 3Q23, and 113% from 4Q22.

CY23 product revenue $22.07M. that's 106% growth from CY22.

We have increased full time headcount from 33 to 40.

And it's unseasonably warm out today, which is nice.

Let's get that baby acquired!!

2/9/24 12:55 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

I'm so ready...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
2/13/24 8:03 p.m.

Badass man. 

Also really bummed I couldn't pull so seed money together back in the day.....

2/13/24 10:44 p.m.
DILYSI Dave said:

Badass man. 

Also really bummed I couldn't pull so seed money together back in the day.....

Thanks brother! And so am I, for both of us, really. If I had known about the self-directed IRA when we did our first fundraising rounds, I would not be as diluted as I am today. Still, I have some founder's shares, so an exit in the $10/sh range would be OK with me. devil

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/5/24 8:37 p.m.

Hoping you get to cash out and will soon be the pimp! No more startups for you :)

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
3/5/24 9:40 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Dude!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
3/5/24 10:31 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Nice! Long journey, but looks like the end will be worth it. 

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/5/24 10:53 p.m.

Hooray!   That's awesome man!

chandler
chandler MegaDork
3/6/24 6:46 a.m.

Awesome!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/6/24 7:13 a.m.
Curmudgeon said:

Congratulations, Angry! Oh wait, you'll need to be HappyCorvair once the bucks start rolling in.

This will be a great signal on the forum. And RIP Curmudgeon. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/6/24 7:17 a.m.

I went back to page one and checked the time line, you have worked long and hard for this, congratulations! This has been an interesting journey with a great ending.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
3/6/24 9:35 a.m.

Badass man. So badass. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/6/24 9:55 a.m.

So happy for the AC clan!!

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
3/6/24 11:01 a.m.

You can just tell everybody that the hand modeling is finally paying off!

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DCWTJzvkXn7hMpXueTdsqfTGOLCSsLE6IcFjqQbWXeKxyhcEXx86K8A0ORupG102