1 2 3
ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
11/11/11 11:54 a.m.

I have been waiting for the day to come that this fad dies and I think it is here.

Justin Biebers new car is satin black.

That should be all it takes. Anytime someone says they want to paint their car flat black all you have to do is say "Just like Biebers" and they won't do it.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/11/11 12:05 p.m.

Matte paint was actually played out about 2 years ago. This is locking the barn door after the garage door after the car has been stolen, drifted into a curb, towed to the junkyard, and crushed.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/11/11 12:10 p.m.

beige rustoleum is the new flat black

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/11/11 12:13 p.m.

Is Justin Bieber old enough to drive?

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
11/11/11 12:13 p.m.

When's primer coming back? Especially multi colored primer. Little red here, black there, gray everywhere else.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/11/11 12:34 p.m.

Biebers old enough to get a paternity suit. Which I find quite amusing.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/11/11 12:44 p.m.
cwh wrote: Biebers old enough to get a paternity suit. Which I find quite amusing.

Who isn't?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
11/11/11 12:50 p.m.
Duke wrote: Matte paint was actually played out about 2 years ago. This is locking the barn door after the garage door after the car has been stolen, drifted into a curb, towed to the junkyard, and crushed.

Quoted for awesomeness in truth.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
11/11/11 12:54 p.m.

Flat/satin black is no longer cool? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou... I am SO sick of that.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/11/11 12:56 p.m.

About to get flamed for this but I still like it if it is done right and not flat black just satin.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
11/11/11 1:00 p.m.

Brown stripes are in now , look for rustoleum Shart

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/11/11 1:02 p.m.

The reply button is not working for me, so...

in reply to Civic

I agree. The streaky drift style, done in a barn with not enough cans looks like crap. Correctly done flat stealth looking black looks good.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
11/11/11 1:04 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: The reply button is not working for me, so... *in reply to Civic* I agree. The streaky drift style, done in a barn with not enough cans looks like crap. Correctly done flat stealth looking black still looks like crap.

FTFY.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
11/11/11 1:05 p.m.

It may be ghey sounding, but I think theres a certain pleasantness to a mate pearl white aesthetic...

that sounded ghey just saying it...in my head

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/11/11 1:25 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Is Justin Bieber old enough to drive?

That was exactly my first thought.

imirk
imirk Reader
11/11/11 1:28 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Is Justin Bieber old enough to drive?
That was exactly my first thought.

Sure, she's a 25 year old lesbian right?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
11/11/11 1:34 p.m.

Great, the GRM "cool police" are out in force today.

When painting, use what ya got or can get for cheap. If it's satin black, so be it.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
11/11/11 1:38 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I agree. The streaky drift style, done in a barn with not enough cans looks like crap. Correctly done flat stealth looking black looks good.

Wouldn't that be the ONLY way to do it?

I've wanted a satin black car for years... since the mid 80's. I had a model of the General Lee that I painted satin black.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
11/11/11 2:11 p.m.

Someone needs to tell BMW that "flat" paint jobs are out as they are showing a matte silver car at the SEMA show...I forget which model off hand.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
11/11/11 2:19 p.m.

Oh great! I JUST finished painting my Mustang flat black. Dammit!

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
11/11/11 2:27 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Oh great! I JUST finished painting my Mustang flat black. Dammit!

Just like Biebers?

imirk
imirk Reader
11/11/11 2:41 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Oh great! I JUST finished painting my Mustang flat black. Dammit!

Whew! Close One, You were almost cool for a moment there, and we can't have that now, can we?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/11/11 3:16 p.m.

In reply to ditchdigger:

I figured this would be about the Beeb's car after the last episode of Inside WCC. The car came out sweet, though.

I only see high end flat black cars online and on tv--never in person. RI is a wee bit behind on those trends...

pigeon
pigeon Dork
11/11/11 3:24 p.m.

I know what you mean about being in an area behind on trends. I just recently saw a VW with an intentionally stripped and rusted hood - that's soooo 2008.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/11/11 3:27 p.m.

Rhinoliner is the new flat black.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qg17GGZbGteeHZhCTRzu27J91NWxCLDnsWifQe5oDcCBlYhD4pN6LmsGTOstxorh