Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
4/17/10 12:08 a.m.

KFC coleslaw is awful.

Real coleslaw on a footlong is AWESOME!

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
4/17/10 6:08 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Real coleslaw on a footlong is AWESOME!

It is. That's not usually done here, so the first time i had it in N.Carolina, I was pleasantly surprised.

My son was a cook at KFC all through highscool, so we had a lot of KFC exposure. I used to get the breading (flour, and spices) in bags, coat my own wings, deep fry them, and slather them in redhot. Mmmm good.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
4/17/10 9:37 a.m.

There's a place out here in Vancouver called "Frenchies"

He does real French-Canadian food and it's awesome.

The poutine is great, the "steamies" (hotdogs) are great and the sugar pies is fantastic but I'm sure you'll die from it.

That's where I first had coleslaw on a hotdog. The footlong steamie with everything is amazing.

Shawn

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
4/17/10 11:18 a.m.
lewbud wrote:
Tetzuoe wrote:
Luke wrote:
neon4891 wrote: eating one now. Still good
Neon didn't check back in . We should probably assume the worst.
has he posted at all today?
His last post over in the ignore thread was at 415 and he posted his status at 456 here. Maybe he's just ignoring this?

I'm still alive, but when My fiance brought that second one, I think she also had life insurance papers to go with it

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
4/17/10 12:05 p.m.

+1 million to the bojangles love

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Reader
4/18/10 8:10 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Re: KFC coleslaw. Do you guys mean that unnatural green mushy stuff that looks pre-chewed? That's what we get up here.

Pretty much. Tiny chopped up pieces that may or may not be cabbage mixed with what I think is a 50/50 mix of miracle whip and corn syrup.

I have recently become a convert to cole slaw after 35 years of disliking the stuff. Turns out I just needed to taste some that wasn't tooth achingly over sweetened.

I use thai sweet chili sauce to sweeten mine

Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
4/18/10 8:37 p.m.

I had one a few days ago...

Stopped to get another today and they had a sign taped to the speaker;

"Sorry, but we're out of boneless chicken fillet's. So we are unable to make Double Downs, (and a few other items I don't recall)"

I guess I'm not the only one in Pottsville that liked it.

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
4/18/10 8:44 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Re: KFC coleslaw. Do you guys mean that unnatural green mushy stuff that looks pre-chewed? That's what we get up here.

Most of that cabbage is grown just down the road, in Waterford.

I like it.

lewbud
lewbud Reader
4/18/10 10:54 p.m.

Gotta admit, I've always been a fan of their coleslaw and mashed potatoes and gravy.

92dxman
92dxman Reader
4/18/10 11:19 p.m.

I've always been a sucker for their biscuits. Also, Arby's has a good roast beef gyro in which I now approve of. /thread.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
4/19/10 12:29 a.m.

I'm not reading anymore threads like this one. I actually had a Baconator this week for the first time... and I rarely ever eat fast food. It was bloody good though.

paul
paul Reader
4/19/10 5:36 p.m.

...it just seems like every fast-food aficionado has a void in their life after the untimely passing of the Mc. Rib

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
4/19/10 8:13 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I'm not reading anymore threads like this one. I actually had a Baconator this week for the first time... and I rarely ever eat fast food. It was bloody good though.

I stopped by the local Wendy's today as was surprised at the menu...

"Triple Baconator"!!!!

I couldn't do it, so I ordered a double bacon deluxe instead.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/26/10 10:36 a.m.

It needed a little something extra

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if you were to take a KFC Double Down -- the bacon sandwich that uses two pieces of fried chicken as the "bread" -- and you were to sandwich it in between two halves of a Krispy Kreme donut? Of course you haven't. Luckily, someone has.

Over at TopCultured.com, they provide step-by-step instructions -- and, not for the faint of heart -- pictures of how to make one yourself.

What you end up with is over 900 calories of tongue flipping delight. This thing will not only supply you with enough calories, sodium, sugar and fat for a good part of your day it will keep you up and running for a bit. The inevitable afternoon crash was not the best though…as there is now a brick in the belly. I do highly recommend you give this a shot though. I know it sounds far fetched but it’s actually quite delicious."

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/26/10 10:45 a.m.

I try to avoid the fast food joints but I make an exception for Zaxby's. Yum.

About the only other fast food I like is Sonic cheeseburgers.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
4/26/10 11:17 a.m.

Four double downs and a baconator later, over the last 2.5 weeks, and I'm still up and moving.

It's good, but something not for the faint of heart.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/26/10 1:28 p.m.

Can I have your car when you expire?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
5/3/10 12:49 p.m.

I ain't going no where :)

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
5/3/10 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Wally:

The crazy thing is, that 900 calories is nothing compared to most sit-down restaurant burgers. Or pretty much any entree at a sit-down restaurant.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
5/3/10 1:37 p.m.

Please eat responsibly. Order something with fruit and/or vegetables.

Like the Sonic Ched R Pepper SuperSONIC® Cheeseburger

Calories1253 Sodium (mg)1899 Chol (mg)207

Then add bacon.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
5/3/10 1:40 p.m.
paul wrote: ...it just seems like every fast-food aficionado has a void in their life after the untimely passing of the Mc. Rib

I hope you are joking. That thing is god awful.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
5/3/10 1:51 p.m.

Oddly, I did like the triple baconator. I haven't done the Double Down, yet.

motomoron
motomoron Reader
5/3/10 2:00 p.m.

I was driving through downtown Charles Town WV on the way home from Summit Point yesterday afternoon. It was still plausibly lunchtime, and I was freakin' starving. There before me like a shimmering beacon was the a banner, fluttering slightly in the breeze and announcing that the new Double Down was available this very moment at this location.

I believe that the car turned into the KFC parking lot of it's own volition.

The verdict? It's not as vomitile as the reports have exaggerated. The pepper jack cheese would be much improved by a bit more melting. There really isn't much bacon so much as there's a bacon-ey presence. The "sauce" is actually a bit icky.

The whole however, at least as confronted by a starving man wasn't bad at all. That said I ate one, and it's unlikely there will be a second. My pants and subsequently my seats are fitting better and I intend to continue the trend; sadly there's no place for the Double Down in the plan.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/4/24 10:04 a.m.

A chicken flavored canoe?  14 year resurrection.  Impressive searching.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMemI9zLpzG0sAA3iDzd1L75cPjL0MLF0GMdTqZeOAwgjrrjxJehAUuO2IsS0MdB