1 ... 3 4 5
914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
10/14/10 6:07 a.m.

I remember an episode of COPS some time ago; a guy was chucking his used tires into someone else's dumpster at night when a guy tried to rob him at gunpoint. The victim used the old "Holy crap, what's that?" and when the robber turned the victim laid him out with a haymaker.

Here's the stupid criminal thing: The robber flagged down a cop to complain. The victim said "Yep, I hit him". Cops walked over to where it happened and there's this guy's molar laying in the dark parking lot.

Robber went to jail, the victim was counceled about theft of services by using someone else's dumpster and was let go.

Cops laughed at the stupid robber all the way downtown....

Will
Will HalfDork
10/14/10 7:50 a.m.

Shoot to stop the threat. If the threat is ended after you've fired one bullet, great. If it takes a mag dump and reload, well, that's fine too.

Will
Will HalfDork
10/14/10 8:16 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: A .45 is a much slower round with less penetration than a .40. Heck, it won't even go through a typical car windshield. It's actually suggested AGAINST as a home defense round as the perp is much more likely to survive being shot.

Exactly who is doing this suggesting? Plan on shooting through many windshields in defense of your home? The .45 passes the FBI ballistic penetration tests just fine, with penetration nearly equal to that of the .40

Someone should tell the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, LAPD SWAT, and Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEUSOC) that they're using the wrong weapon. Each uses a .45 ACP 1911.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/14/10 8:19 a.m.

Plus... you don't really want a huge pile of penetration on a defense round. You want it to SMACK, stop and drop them. You don't want it to go thru them, the wall and into your neighbor's forehead.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
10/14/10 9:16 a.m.

You guys sound like you kill lots of people. I guess my neighborhood is pretty safe. I've never had to kill anyone.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/10 9:34 a.m.

I've never HAD to kill anyone...I just do it as a hobby.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Reader
10/14/10 9:54 a.m.

In regards to the .45 " The bigger the hole, the more it leaks"

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/14/10 10:05 a.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: You guys sound like you kill lots of people. I guess my neighborhood is pretty safe. I've never had to kill anyone.

Well, not yet. I'm still in the planning stages.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JfjwtDk0xTsvfHefiRkbZjIhgH101xaOCqW21eQAkq05K88sU4wNDtg6ZHPpgZtz