1 ... 3 4 5 6
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/24/18 7:09 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Message received and we’re all good I promise! I’m genuinely sorry for my part.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/24/18 7:57 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to z31maniac :

Message received and we’re all good I promise! I’m genuinely sorry for my part.

All good here. Sometimes we tend to read into things more than we should.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
12/25/18 6:02 a.m.

"It's Christmas, Theo. It's the time of miracles."

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/25/18 6:30 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

I was trying to sell my wife on die hard as a Christmas movie yesterday...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/25/18 6:32 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Watched it last Christmas season, but not this year. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/25/18 9:03 p.m.

I have never seen Die Hard. Or Doe Hard, which is what this board tried to autocorrect it into 4 times. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/25/18 10:02 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Dr. Hess :

Yeah. I just discovered the grout after years of left foot pain. Went to so many doctors before it was diagnosed.  Over probation this and leg length discrepency that. started allopurinol just a month ago. 

Yes. Getting old all around. Took 40ml of fluid out of my knee last night so  the lab should confirm. 

Took 10 years of ankle pain for gout too hit my knee and finally be diagnosed via the fluid so I get it. The diet sucks!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/26/18 9:02 a.m.

Test results on fluid came back as not gouty.  No bacterial infection noted. 

Knee still swollen. Time to go back to the doctor. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/18 9:05 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

That sucks.

Too many jumping jacks? Squats with 500 pounds? 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/26/18 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

no... no event like that..  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/26/18 9:36 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Test results on fluid came back as not gouty.  No bacterial infection noted. 

Knee still swollen. Time to go back to the doctor. 

I had a similar knee problem a few months ago.  It was swollen and hot to the touch.  It hurt so bad (couldn’t even walk for a while), I went to the doc.  He thought I had strained it somehow.  Only thing I had done was climb the stairs in a football stadium several time a few days earlier.  Never did figure out what caused it, but took NSAIDs a few days and it slowly got better.  

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/26/18 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Surprising on the not gouty and no bugs. I think it's about time for an Ortho Consult.  And probably an MRI, but let the Orthopod order that.  Something is causing that inflammation.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/26/18 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

I'm having my doc get the results today. I don't trust the er folks in this small town. 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/26/18 12:15 p.m.

So doc in er didn't do a crystal count or culture the fluid. So basically worthless.  My doc is frustrated 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/26/18 12:35 p.m.

Sure you didn't blow up some cartilage or tendons?  When I blew up my ACL, it sounds exactly like what you are experiencing.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/26/18 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm not ruling anything out. 

Referral to orthopedic in hand. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/26/18 12:56 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

So doc in er didn't do a crystal count or culture the fluid. So basically worthless.  My doc is frustrated 

So, WTF did they send it out for?  "Hey Pathologist, is this fluid?"  Contact the path lab and ask if they still have it and can do a crystal count and fluid culture.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/26/18 2:02 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

So, WTF did they send it out for?  "Hey Pathologist, is this fluid?"  Contact the path lab and ask if they still have it and can do a crystal count and fluid culture.

When my wife was still pregnant, she went in to the doctor with some symptoms that were very similar to anemia. She had labs taken, and the doc diagnosed her with anemia. 

Later, she was looking at her chart (she works at the hospital--Dietitian) and noticed that he didn't even order an iron test and just diagnosed her. WTF?

Fueled by Caffeine
12/26/18 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

My Doc tried.  Sample gone.    **** FACEPAM *****

MRI tomorrow.  Dr. Monday.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/18 2:51 p.m.

Wish you the best, Mr Caffeine.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/26/18 7:33 p.m.

When you go for your MRI, make sure you leave with a copy of it on a disk, or the printouts on film.  Bring them with you to subsequent doctors visits regarding the knee.  I got a CAT scan recently.  I left with the disk.  They made me go up to records where they burned it out on a DVD, but I left with the disk.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/18 7:47 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

That sounds about right. I hate to be a pain in doctors asses but I end up googling along and asking questions.  There have been to many times where things don’t add up or they get dismissive of her med. history or symptoms.  

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/26/18 9:48 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

When you go for your MRI, make sure you leave with a copy of it on a disk, or the printouts on film.  Bring them with you to subsequent doctors visits regarding the knee.  I got a CAT scan recently.  I left with the disk.  They made me go up to records where they burned it out on a DVD, but I left with the disk.

I'm forever doing this! 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/29/18 8:34 a.m.

Had MRI.  

Just got a random call which said oh. Your test results from your knee came back and it looks like a gout flare. No infection. 

What the living hell.   Orthopedic on Monday. 

I had so much better care in Seattle. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/29/18 9:13 a.m.

That makes more sense on the knee.  I don't know what an orthopod can do for you now that you have a diagnosis on that knee.  Probably:  "Yup, that's a gouty knee and I can't operate on that.  Here's the bill."  Weird how path came back with results.  Someone isn't talking to someone.  And whatever 'ER' you're going to, I dunno, I would think that unless you are crashing, I would consider just waiting for your regular doctor in the morning.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IEfj2w9mkGfnzarxZBwjlirHG7IoBpUQybC5UpWt7Mq5XhKjINt2bzc1Z7QAI3fQ