1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 1930
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/22/24 2:23 p.m.

Turn a simple,  funny meme into an argument over whether or not to have children when the first few posts were about parents with children. If you can read between the lines and have children, you'll see much humor there.

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
3/22/24 2:27 p.m.

I am done with all of my work for the week, including some non-timely maintenance.

I am stuck sitting around waiting for a freight delivery instead of getting to head out to enjoy my week early.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/24 2:37 p.m.
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

Turn a simple,  funny meme into an argument over whether or not to have children when the first few posts were about parents with children. If you can read between the lines and have children, you'll see much humor there.

I am doing my part to reverse that trend. But it's inevitable that someone will feel the need to justify their actions. It's human nature.

My rant: all three of us (what? You had a kid? Why not seven? Why have any at all? But what about your summer home? and so on) are still dealing with the remnants of this bronchitis, tuberculosis, un-covid, quasi death spiral that just will not wrap up. My morning cough is down to pack-a-day levels now, and most of the time my throat doesn't start to swell up until almost bedtime, so maybe this belongs in the Minor Meh thread.

We need a Minor Meh thread.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/22/24 2:40 p.m.

My wife and I had plans with some friends of ours to go to a large outdoor flea market / Antique Festival tomorrow and a cruise night tonight. It's currently pouring like piss out of a boot and will continue to do so until Sunday.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/24 2:43 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

My wife and I had plans with some friends of ours to go to a large outdoor flea market / Antique Festival tomorrow and a cruise night tonight. It's currently pouring like piss out of a boot and will continue to do so until Sunday.

Yeah, when it  hits me in a couple of hours it'll ruin our plans, too.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/22/24 3:17 p.m.

Did I mention our ERP system doesn't seem to work ? Oh yeah. The shop manager and I had to hand walk several orders today... that I thought were processed weeks ago.  A bunch of stuff was zeroed out. What the heck? How do you expect to build the assembly without  the parts? LOL

There is some level of irony that the stuff that I hand typed into the ERP early because of long lead times was ordered and showed up. The "automated" orders tied to our CAD package seem to be berkeleyed at random. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/24 3:20 p.m.

There is a ND Miata in St Pete with (as far as I can tell)) my exact color and options configuration 

The ONLY berking time I see em I'm in the truck 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
3/22/24 3:28 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

There is a ND Miata in St Pete with (as far as I can tell)) my exact color and options configuration 

The ONLY berking time I see em I'm in the truck 

Hmmm...Seems oddly suspicious...only seeing your ND's twin when yours isn't with you.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/22/24 3:29 p.m.

In reply to tester (Forum Supporter) :

Not a rant but:

ERP

My wife's best friend's son and his wife had a little boy recently. They named him Wyatt. It takes all of my self control not to call him Little Erp.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/24 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I keep being told that we run our office like a business, and now some of you are saying you don't expect all your people to be available 24/7.  If we weren't expected to check calls, emails, etc at all times they wouldn't have given us phones. Might be why no one wants to work here anymore.  

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/24 4:08 p.m.

Someone here posted a picture of a NASCAR T shirt that had Charles LeClerk spelled out as Chuck LayClark. Now I've got it stuck in my head every time they say his name on the air. laugh

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/24 10:06 p.m.

The food at the volunteer fire department's annual fish fry was great, as usual, but I've had to change clothes and shower to get away from the fry smell. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/22/24 10:14 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Most people's emergencies either aren't emergencies at all, or are a direct result of their poor planning. If I wanted to spend my life fixing other people's screw-ups, I'd have become a fireman. I know that some of my competitors are profiting by virtue of their 24/7 service, but I'd rather let them have that segment, and have my nights and weekends to myself.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/24 11:03 a.m.

Looks like I'm starting chemo Monday with the flu. This should be a fun combination. Thank you dear wife 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/23/24 11:56 a.m.
Karacticus said:

The food at the volunteer fire department's annual fish fry was great, as usual, but I've had to change clothes and shower to get away from the fry smell. 

I stopped into the recycling center for three minutes, just long enough to grab some stickers at the kiosk, and walked out smelling like a hobo's nightmare. The whole place reeks of stale beer and soda. I never touched anything in the building but the touchpad on the kiosk and still smelled like I'd been rolling around on the floor. Nasty stuff.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/23/24 6:52 p.m.

Had to come to a stop to turn left into my neighborhood, as I turned the guy in the jeep behind me gave me the finger. Guess he would have preferred I turned in front of another car and got T-boned? Or maybe that's just one of the "jeep things" I've been hearing about, like the rubber ducks

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/24 6:56 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Most people's emergencies either aren't emergencies at all, or are a direct result of their poor planning. If I wanted to spend my life fixing other people's screw-ups, I'd have become a fireman. I know that some of my competitors are profiting by virtue of their 24/7 service, but I'd rather let them have that segment, and have my nights and weekends to myself.

We offer 24/7 emergency service. It kind of goes with the territory. It's handled by the guys on a rotating basis. I pay them a minimum of 4 hours to answer the phone.

If they get a call and have to work it, I charge the customer dearly for it. Then I pay the tech dearly for it as well. None of this comp time and I keep the extra. That extra passes through to them for being the guy to handle it. If I bill 4 hours minimum, they get paid 4 hours minimum even if the call only takes 30 minutes. 

They don't mind being on call because I make it worth their while and they aren't on call more than one week a month. I have had guys bank more than a grand in a couple of days.

I may suck at being a capitalist and squeezing every red cent out of my business but I'm the guy in town with the best people. The people that know how to do the job right. My competition knows it. My customers do too. 

Not that I'm arrogant about it or think my E36 M3 doesn't stink, but I don't understand treating people like crap and still expecting their best work at the same time. I try to treat them my best and expect the same out of them in return. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/23/24 8:38 p.m.
RevRico said:

Looks like I'm starting chemo Monday with the flu. This should be a fun combination. Thank you dear wife 

E36 M3 man, happy thoughts and mojo sent your way. I'll drink a Kurvball tonight in solidarity 

Antihero
3/23/24 8:41 p.m.

My favorite pawn shop has turned into a E36 M3 hole......boooo

Antihero
3/24/24 1:52 a.m.
RevRico said:

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/24 7:12 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

They're never emergencies with us, it's that we run 24/7.  I understand someone sends an email or calls during their shift, and I do during mine. The issue I have is that we're expected to respond instantly even though we're off.  None of this is so critical that it needs an immediate response.  

No Time
No Time UltraDork
3/24/24 8:57 a.m.

Neighbors pine tree snapped last night and took out a few sections of my fence. 

It's not directly their fault, but the rant is I'm potentially going to have to pay for the repair or file with my insurance. This is a tree that's had a distinct lean and one I watch every storm waiting for it to fall. 

same tree earlier this year:

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/24/24 11:57 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

If it was on their property it's their responsibility for the damage. File a claim on their insurance. 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
3/24/24 12:37 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

That was my first thought too, but unfortunately Mass takes a different view on it. I'm waiting to see what the neighbor says one he gets his side cleaned up.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/24/24 12:38 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

My neighbors tree fell on my garage - Allstate was my insurance and paid it as my property was damaged.  I was floored when I was told my insurance had to pay it out.  Neighbor took care of deductible.

1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 1930

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L3RnWXKx44cL8sp3eKmXiVWaOAbIyKZAEFuiMbWSXXqUaf90PfN0J0lgTWi4shtT