bobzilla MegaDork
6/28/23 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Sadly it has to come back out. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/23 9:27 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Sadness. That's may suck worse than putting it in. 

Ask if you can keep it and store it in a jar on your desk. Or better yet use it as a bracket on a Challenge car. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/28/23 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Oh I'm asking for it back

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/31/23 9:12 a.m.

So... I'm now 8 weeks post surgery, 17 weeks post accident. Monday had the latest xray. Pain is mostly gone, just sharp pains when I move specific ways they are attributing to the hardware. PT has been good for getting my range of motion back.

Most importantly I've been cleared to drive again.... I've been commuting. I haven't been DRIVING. So I am trying to see if I can make the last "close" GridLife event, and the last one to ever be at Heartland. 

This last bit was the best news I've had in a while. The big D has been holding me down and beating the snot out of me and I've gained almost 25lbs since the accident because the only thing I could do that made me happy was eat and sleep. Hoping this works out and I can get out of the hole it's put me in. 

foesntl look much different than the last time. I go back in 8 weeks now and we will hopefully set a removal date

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
8/31/23 9:22 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to tremm :

When my daughter broke hers, we heards tons of stories about how easily people broke their collarbone.  The collarbone is made out of peanut brittle, apparently.  

An orthopedic surgeon once confided in me that the collarbone acts like a fuse for your shoulder. If it was stronger, he said the rotator cuff and most of the joint capsule would be destroyed by that kind of trauma.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/31/23 3:53 p.m.

Glad you're doing better!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/31/23 4:36 p.m.

That's good news Bob.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/31/23 4:39 p.m.

I still don't sleep well. I want to roll to my left side as that's where I have slept for the last.... 22 years basically. I'll roll over in the middle of the night to the sharp pain reminding me not to do it. I've tried pillows, putting myself at the edge of the bed, the couch..... As soon as I fall deep asleep my body just does whatever the hell it wants and in 90 minutes I'm awake again. Almost 4 months of 90 minute naps all night sucks balls.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/26/23 12:56 p.m.

All the junk is out. A lot of the discomfort is gone and for the first time since May I'm finally able to sleep a little on my left side. Tomorrow the stitches come out and get my last xray. Finally, after 7 months this silly ordeal is over. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
12/26/23 12:58 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

It's a Christmas Miracle !

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
12/26/23 1:02 p.m.

Good to hear Bobzilla , 

I am a lot more careful as I get older because I know there is that gopher hole with my name on it , 

I hope to see it and get away before it gets me !

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
69HKFnFSkHgENfBAIM6vk8N18GZn35qwayURnwoZCO05m2mxo8f8DC3s8kyck7ZH