Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
5/23/11 1:04 a.m.

Sheesh, only took me 4 1/2 years to become a Dork.

From someone much wiser than moi:

“Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

“Who was the first guy that looked at a cow and said," I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?”

“What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?”

“History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction.”

Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/11 7:53 a.m.

I thought the parking lot in Hell was paved with good intentions until Joey and I visited during "the Rapture" turns out the place has a gravel drive.

JmfnB, 05/23/2011 9:54am EST

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
5/23/11 8:12 a.m.

That second quote is one of my favorites.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/23/11 8:13 a.m.

Calvin - You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes - What mood is that?

Calvin - Last-minute panic.

Watterson is a genius!

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
12/12/23 8:57 a.m.

I want to see a Sunday length, color strip of Spaceman Spiff battling zombie threads.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/12/23 9:01 a.m.

I try to live by this one:

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

I don't drink, and I don't condone excessive drinking, but I just like how this one reads:

"Life is not a waste of time, time is not a waste of life. So let's not waste any time, get wasted and have the time of our lives."

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
12/12/23 9:11 a.m.

There's some Really Big Reasons why end of life hits me hard and I am often not able to sufficiently express my feelings why it happens to someone I know (or don't).

I know we never met and only talked on the phone a few times, but those were some of the most real conversations I ever had with anyone.   
I miss you, Barry.  And I really wish I could have completed the task you put before me before you had to leave.   I wanted to take one worry off your mind.    I hope you are at peace now.   You are still my hero.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/23 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

I also only interacted with Barry a couple of times but I still think about him. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/12/23 1:45 p.m.

If you're not walking out of the laundry room naked, you haven't done all of the laundry.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fvAejDBZPiQ6u7XCIplsWTdUGorXH5khB3A9PCqchXPydbIWUxQpQzKElAOitjH1