1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
5/24/13 11:09 a.m.
Woody wrote: Not sure if it's still there, but I used to love Skyway Jack's, under Florida's Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

It moved north on US19 a couple miles, but it's still just as awesome as ever.

Daytona Beach, FL

The Brickyard—International Speedway Blvd. Maybe the best burger I've ever had just happens to be about two miles from our offices.

Bunnell, FL

The Chicken Pantry—Everything you imagine a place called "The Chicken Pantry" located in a Florida redneck town should be.

San Clemente, CA

La Siesta—Go for the carnitas. Stay for the carnitas.

jg

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
5/24/13 11:19 a.m.

Westmont (Muddy Waters lived here), Illinois

Uncle Bub's BBQ Restaurant - Uncle Bub's Burger - 1/2# burger, pulled pork, with cheese.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
5/24/13 11:27 a.m.

In the DC/MD/VA area:

Vace - Cleveland Park DC and Bethesda MD: Excellent pizza and Italian subs. No seating, eat outside leaning on your car.

Pupatella - Arlington VA: The best fancy (Neopolitan D.O.C. certified) pizza in the DMV. Have the roasted brussels sprouts first, and get the burata pizza.

Pho Nom Nom - Rockville MD: The DMV is lousy w/ pho places w/ interchangeable menus, at PNN get the Hue style or the "beef stew". The summer garden rolls and banh mi are great as well.

Samanthas - Langley Park MD: Best Mexidorean food in the DMV. Utterly consistent, largely Latin clientel, but not so authentico that it's hard to navigate. Cheap and delicious.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/24/13 7:01 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
scardeal wrote: New Orleans area, LA (there's too many to list 'em all) Mother's - Louisiana/soul food Middendorf's - in a swamp separating Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, best seafood for miles around. Then again, it's probably the only restaurant for miles around.
I 2nd these

Mother's is the chit.

jere
jere Reader
5/25/13 6:24 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Ohio Akron - Windsor Pub on Tallmadge Avenue. They advertise that they have the best burgers on the planet. Idunno about that, but they are really, really, good.

Wow I am surprised that hole in the wall got mentioned

I think after one of the shootings they changed the name to [Roses] on S Main downtown and Bob's hamburger on East Ave both have better than the Windsor according to the yearly burger cook off I gave up burgers so I am not much help there.

Swensons is a chain but a small one but are a great drive up. Everyone has to RUN out to you in your car which is pretty entertaining while you wait for your food too.

Handles gets some good word but Stricklands custard tops them on Triplett (check out the blimp hangers while you are there, hard to miss anyways). They are legendary according to the Akronites and in my family that have moved away too

Luigis ($) I think on Ridge, and Emidios on E Tallmadge and N Main are the "best" pizza places in Akron. You can still get beer from Emidios drive (ie no one else sells it) after hours too. They are both open late.

Zubs is a big after hours sandwich place, W Market

I like Aladdins Mediterranean on W Market, and Big Eye Jap Cuisine W Market, Fairlawn, Cilantro S Main is good but $$ Same with the Golden Dragon on State in Cuyahoga falls

For Akron made beer Thristy Dog on Grant and Ohio brewing on Selle both have tap rooms. They are better than anything you are going to find at a bar in a can or bottle for that matter too.

Flight Service
Flight Service UltimaDork
5/25/13 8:10 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
scardeal wrote: New Orleans area, LA (there's too many to list 'em all) Mother's - Louisiana/soul food Middendorf's - in a swamp separating Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, best seafood for miles around. Then again, it's probably the only restaurant for miles around.
I 2nd these
Mother's is the chit.

Come down and we will get a Crawfish Omelet together.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/13 4:33 p.m.

Adding to Portland, OR:

Sprang to mind because The Horse Brass Pub is running one of my favorite dinner specials tonight (sauerbraten), and my girlfriend's mom is visiting and planning to give us the night off from the dog who has kept us from going out to dinner together since we got her a month and a half ago... Woohoo!

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/30/13 5:10 p.m.

All over Chicagoland: Portillos. Nuff said.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NugHjdJGuQGvtDyjaGH0Bw9brFKw5thfEbwX9tMIxKTC4oiD00Vj4lxJo7rA3aT3