1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/23/22 4:53 p.m.

I might be willing to watch this "Shakes the Clown" film for its artistic merit and cultural relevance, but I'm not sure my wife would be amused.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/22 5:03 p.m.
Toyman! said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

In reply to Duke :

Scorsese called it "the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies."

This is where Duke takes anti-pop to eleven by saying "who is Citizen Kane?"

wink

Raise Hand GIFs | Tenor

Spoiler: Citizen Kane was the sled.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
9/23/22 5:21 p.m.

No wonder people are scared of clowns.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/22 10:08 p.m.

Ok I think I hit the perfect whiskey level before watching and what I got out of it is that peanut butter Bob Costas is good.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/23/22 10:26 p.m.

I never was a Bobcat Goldguy fan but I'm impressed with this movie.   The cast is impressive and the idea of a clown bar is funny.  Work all day and stop on the way home for a drink and act like it's all normal.

Then the idea of hardass rodeo clowns that hassle the other clowns is hilarious.  

Thanks for the laughs today.  

Stampie
9/23/22 10:32 p.m.

And then I went on a Robin Williams throw back.  The first 10 minutes of this is the bestest.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/23/22 10:33 p.m.

Maybe a minor confession?  I have a customer that I’ve referred to as “Shakes the Clown”.  devil

Stampie
9/23/22 10:36 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Do you sell drugs?

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/23/22 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

No but I’ve seen this individual in the early stages of the DT’s more than once.  At work.  And he’s still employed.

Stampie
9/23/22 10:59 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Ok so now I have to tell a story.

When I first moved to Jacksonville I rented a house near an Irish bar.  Of course that's where I would hang out and since it was a small bar everyone got to know each other.  There was one guy named Thomas that would show up regularly.  Thomas was a real estate agent and the dude was always lit.  Like he could show up at noon and you could tell he was on something.  Because of that his nickname was Greasy T.  Because he was always Greasy.  Years later I'm working in a not so great area.  The customer is this nice lady and I'm kind of wondering why she's renting in this complex.  I'm about half way done and the door opens and I look up to see Greasy T walk in.  He sees me and says "Damn Stampie wtf are you doing here?"  I'm like hey dude I'm working.  As we talk I can tell that he's Greasy as ever and then he says "Hey! Let me show you what I got my old lady!"  Then he pulls out a gun and waves it around.   Shows me that it's loaded and says isn't this cool.  I'm standing there saying berkeley this dumbass is going to shoot me by accident and I can't do anything about it.  So I say oh that's cool let me see it.  He hands me the gun and I clear it handing the bullets to his sober girlfriend without him noticing then hand him back the empty gun.  I'm still amazed that I was able to not get shot by a dumbass.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/23/22 11:26 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Damn dude.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/22 9:27 a.m.

White, powdery beef!

Julie Brown and Kathy Griffiths are brilliant in their roles as well.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
9/25/22 11:18 p.m.

Well dang, I have no idea how I never saw this movie. Seem it would have been right up my crowds alley. Now I have to make time to see it. Thanks.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 8:18 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

It's hard to believe that we've had multiple, actively employed clowns on here.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yPqP3INyPfeaFDO7zWNMyd5bdHKXMKBAEDwFhj0b6AhHIF98mN7eolurpOvrDjbj