1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/27/24 3:32 p.m.
Do any of these inbred idiots write their own songs anymore?

Cinderella, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Steel Magnolias, About  Last Night, Death at a Funeral, Annie et al.   All reboots of originals.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/27/24 4:59 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/24 8:53 p.m.

A number of great grandfathers ago, one of mine was a pirate as a member of Thomas Tew's crew.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/28/24 7:52 a.m.

TIL Oreion is manufacturing what looks a lot like a Manx beach buggy.  Higher tech, higher price, automatic trans?

The Company.

One for sale on FBM.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/28/24 7:54 a.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/24 3:23 p.m.

TIL if you want to amaze a 16 year old you give them a manual impact screwdriver set.  Welcome to old school Lil Stampie.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/28/24 4:27 p.m.

Pulling the e-brake handle on my LaSalle makes no noise.  None of that peasant clicking noise.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/24 6:43 p.m.
wae said:

It was actually yesterday, but I learned that I have the struts set so stiff in the Neon right now that it is physically impossible to sip a beverage while driving the car at 25mph over the expansion joints in residential concrete streets.

Evan's Miata broke my GPS on Bitzers driveway when he had the revalved Bilsteins.

I guess that meant the suction cup was really strong!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/29/24 3:33 p.m.

TIL Hulu has commercials.  

I read James Clavell's book "Shogun" twice, saw the movie made in 1980 which had good scenery and costumes but didn't get into all the intrigue and politics of the 1600s caste society.

I saw the trailer for the new Shogun movie and it looked good.  Mrs. 914 signed us up for Hulu, which I thought was like Netflix.  Nope.  Out of nowhere it stops or 3 minutes so you can learn about body odors and Ram trucks.  If  you FF all you're doing is FF-ing through the movie part.  

OK, rant off.  See this if you can, read the book is better.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/29/24 4:08 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

That would be the cheap tier. All the streaming services do that, gotta pay extra for ad free. Been like that for years now. Absolute bullE36 M3 if you ask me, especially with hulu, because that started as an unlicensed streaming site many moons ago, and still hasn't gained back the quality of shows it had in the beginning. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/29/24 5:01 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to 914Driver :

Absolute bullE36 M3 if you ask me, especially with hulu, because that started as an unlicensed streaming site many moons ago, and still hasn't gained back the quality of shows it had in the beginning. 

Funny how cheap you can get good stuff when you steal it.

But yes, on the original topic, you can go commercial free on most services for something like an extra $5-$7 per month.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/29/24 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I think it's funnier that paying for something gets you worse quality. Well, sad really, but if I don't laugh about it I'd cry. 

They didn't even have ads back then in the early 00s, just "here's a bunch of great shows that haven't been in syndication for while, enjoy". Then the dark years of "we're legal now, so you have to pay for it AND watch ads AND all your favorites are gone". I'm kinda surprised they survived that long enough to offer an ad free option.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/29/24 5:53 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Buying a Chevy gets you worse quality than stealing a Cadillac.

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/29/24 6:15 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Duke :

I think it's funnier that paying for something gets you worse quality. Well, sad really, but if I don't laugh about it I'd cry. 

They didn't even have ads back then in the early 00s, just "here's a bunch of great shows that haven't been in syndication for while, enjoy". Then the dark years of "we're legal now, so you have to pay for it AND watch ads AND all your favorites are gone". I'm kinda surprised they survived that long enough to offer an ad free option.

I remember when the reason you paid for cable TV was that there were no ads, except sometimes for other TV shows on that station...

MTV also played music videos 24/7, Nickelodeon played short animations between shows, and Nick at Nite had comedy sketches between shows...

(YOU BEEN HERE FOUR HOUR!! YOU SCARE MY WIFE!!)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/29/24 6:21 p.m.

I don't remember when cable didn't have ads, except for stuff like HBO.

When I was a kid you had cable because you lived in the mountains and OTA broadcast TV wasn't going to cut it.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/29/24 8:14 p.m.

TIL that Zicke zacke zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi is an actual German toast, and not just some goofy chant that my friends would shout at the fake German pub that they went to.

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/29/24 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I remember watching The Man Show at a friend's house, I think they did that.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/1/24 8:07 a.m.

This guy had a Ziggy Zoggy cheering committee.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/24 8:58 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I remember watching The Man Show at a friend's house, I think they did that.

The idiots that I hung around with in college pre-date the Man Show by a good number of years. 

rkammerer
rkammerer New Reader
3/1/24 10:39 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

(YOU BEEN HERE FOUR HOUR!! YOU SCARE MY WIFE!!)

Sign say "All you can eat", not "All YOU can eat"! Fat boy go home!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/1/24 11:50 a.m.

TIL how to fix a chronically leaking sunroof on a new Ford Exploder.

Daughter in law leases one, huge front to back sunroof leaks but only in their driveway.  No matter where you park, it's either slightly uphill, downhill or tilted sideways.   Water rolls off the glass and into a slit about 3/4" wide X 1/8" deep.  At each of the four corners are small metal tubes with plastic tubing pushed on which dumps into each wheel well.  Coupla days of heavy rain and either the rear storage area of the driver-passenger foot well and seats get soaked.

It went back to the Stealership and they had it for two weeks, couldn't figure it out.  Ian said fine, this isn't what I'm paying for, give me another something with no sunroof.  A stripper with no sunroof is $300/month more than his.  (inflation).

It happened again yesterday.  Climbing up on the roof you can see the sluice for water, at each corner is a 90* radius, BUT! right at the apex of the turn, the sluice instead of 1/8" deep, it's down to 1/16" but comes back up again after the turn.  We cleaned the corner with alcohol and made a wall of duct tape.  It worked!  If it continues to hold, we'll probably JBWeld or something more permanent.

We went for coffee and stopped at the Stealership, talking to the head Tech that had it for two weeks.  "Sumbitch".   Great.  Now pull up my account, make notes of what you see and possibly reach out to Ford.com; the message boards are full of people with the same issue.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/24 12:09 p.m.

TIL:   My dermatologist did a chemical peel of my face today to get rid of some pesky pre cancerous skin areas.  This feels like your face is being zoomed in by a magnifying glass aimed at the sun for a few minutes.  BURNS! A. LOT!   (Then they smear on the antidote to stop the burning pain. )  

But wait, there is more:   Then they tell me my face will be peeling for 8 to 10 days.    So I'll look like one of the lizard people shedding their skin for a while.

Still more: No sunshine exposure which means no driving my Miata with the top down for a while.  Grrrr.  

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/24 1:02 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

I just finished a 2 week chemical burn cycle. Fun times! At least you're doing in in the heart of winter. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/24 4:23 p.m.
DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
3/1/24 4:39 p.m.

That the Australian's have another crazy kind of boat racing. 
Riverland Dingy Derby

1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kwh5SMd86QNBCBKZ1wleBKc4a8xJhjXO0Q4rNIorjhzTUzSG7tfFRLmRZ0Vufg6a