1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 214
Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
8/10/16 9:00 a.m.

TIL that the wife's Mercedes E350 has two air filters. That helps explain why they only come in sets of two from Mann via Rockauto...

I also learned that it is easy to misplace the oil filter wrench that the E350 requires to remove the oil canister. berkeley.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/16 1:15 p.m.

TIL that when Dominos forgets the buffalo sauce for their E36 M3ty boneless wings, using the expired Frank's buffalo wing sauce hiding in the back of the fridge will result in you having a bad time at work the next morning.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/10/16 1:55 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: That the two AC systems in my house needed freon AND to clear their condensate lines. I like house projects at 9:30.

I was going upstairs one night at 11:00 to go to bed and water dripped in front of me as I hit the top step. The drip pan for the upstairs AC was not catching the drip, so it was dripping onto the ceiling and........

Nothing like dragging a water hose into your house at midnight to try and blow out a clogged condensate drain.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
8/12/16 8:53 a.m.

[Hoonigan] branding has made it to underwear. In a quest to find the "best" boxer briefs, I ordered a few different brands that came highly recommended to determine for myself. I'd never even heard of Saxx before this endeavor, and the pair I got say "[Hoonigan]" prominently on the waist band. I guess Saxx looks better on a Rallycross livery than Fruit of the Loom?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/12/16 9:01 a.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

But was the Saxx good?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
8/12/16 10:10 a.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

So far, but damn expensive. Ex Officio (was also unaware of their existence prior to this experiment) are just as comfy and are ~$10 cheaper. I've never owned/worn anything from Under Armor, they're my next candidate, however they're the same price as Saxx.

Preliminary results show that Ex Officio are probably going to win based on comfort per dollar, I'm used to buying a 4 pack of Haynes or Old Navy for the price of one pair of Ex Officio, and they're the cheapest option in the experiment. Long term use may show one of the others to be more durable, but I doubt it.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
8/12/16 10:31 a.m.

how to properly set up and use a grease gun, I've been doing it wrong for so long

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/12/16 10:35 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to HappyAndy: So far, but damn expensive. Ex Officio (was also unaware of their existence prior to this experiment) are just as comfy and are ~$10 cheaper. I've never owned/worn anything from Under Armor, they're my next candidate, however they're the same price as Saxx. Preliminary results show that Ex Officio are probably going to win based on comfort per dollar, I'm used to buying a 4 pack of Haynes or Old Navy for the price of one pair of Ex Officio, and they're the cheapest option in the experiment. Long term use may show one of the others to be more durable, but I doubt it.

How do they compare to Duluth trading company? 15-20 a pair seems steep but they're the best I've found so far

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/12/16 10:50 a.m.

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo:

Care to share?

Edit: Never mind, I saw your other post.

java230
java230 Dork
8/12/16 10:52 a.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

I found some Adidas branded ones at Costco, I really like them, not too tight, and nice thin breathable material. I need to buy more....

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
8/12/16 10:56 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Duluth's Buck Naked were a common recommendation in my research, but Amazon doesn't carry them, and shipping makes them the most expensive option. I've never owned anything from Duluth so I can't comment. I got Ex Officio for $14.50 a pair on Amazon, and we use Prime, so 2 day shipping is "free."

We've got a trip to DC coming up soon, we'll be doing a lot of walking, so this is a last minute experiment to prevent swamp ass, and chaffing. Duluth's price and slower shipping kept them out of the current trial, I may try them at a later date.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/12/16 12:40 p.m.

T.I.L. That the only thing worse than a needlessly complicated German machine is a quick and dirty American knockoff of that machine.

Thanks for nothing brand "L" "engineers".

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/13/16 4:13 a.m.

TIL that I'm am unable to financially survive.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/16 10:43 p.m.

If you pour blue Powerade onto a fresh weld bead in an attempt to shrink the metal, it smells just like sickly-sweet cotton candy.

NickD
NickD Dork
8/22/16 3:00 p.m.

Today (And by today, I mean yesterday but I didn't get time to post yesterday) I learned that I'm not a fan of the Fiat 500 Abarth. Wanted to like it, really did, but I got a chance to take it out for some fun runs at the autocross and I felt it was a sloppy, floppy, incommunicative mess. Now the '16 WRX I also got to drive, THAT was a car.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
8/22/16 3:42 p.m.

Today and by today I mean August 20th at 1:42 am I learned how to be a father. I Also learned my wife is tough as nails.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
8/22/16 4:07 p.m.

TIL that when somebody replaces the hub on a Boler trailer, but they don't know that the bearings need to be greased, the new hub will go from Banff almost to Saskatoon before the inner bearing welds itself to the axle stub.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/22/16 4:19 p.m.

Today I learned more about bedbugs than I EVER wanted to know.

Thank God, not for me.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
8/22/16 7:03 p.m.

Today I learned how to load warps into a weaving machine the size of a house......

Will
Will UltraDork
8/30/16 9:33 p.m.

Today I learned that thanks to Pablo Escobar, Colombia now has a small but growing population of wild hippos.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/31/16 6:54 a.m.

TIL to never again eat the spicy chicken sandwich from Chik-fi-lay. At 54 years of age My digestive system is not the steel trap I bragged about in my teens.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/16 7:14 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: TIL that when somebody replaces the hub on a Boler trailer, but they don't know that the bearings need to be greased, the new hub will go from Banff almost to Saskatoon before the inner bearing welds itself to the axle stub.

Today I learned that 714.3 "kilometers" separate Banff from Saskatoon.

It is also possible that both places may be in Canada.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/16 7:23 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Must be. What other country is big but uses little bity kilometers.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
8/31/16 7:24 a.m.

TIL that my 20 month old son's favorite part about having the neighbor's 5 month old baby over for a visit was that he got to hug the baby.

After the quick play date, my son took his nap and when he woke up, he asked "baby gone?" I said yes the baby is gone and then I asked him did you like the baby. "Uh huh." Then I asked him what his favorite part was, which was the first time I asked him something that I didn't know the answer to already, and he said "Baby hug". Talk about proud parent moment/ heart melting....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/31/16 7:40 a.m.

Today I learned that I am not good with diagnostic thinking.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 214

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5BNHCxISPFsZ6OIkaWyIXrSft4NwRVRK1ZlFJ2zzvo7xQJ1hgFfTOTwADVaDsvKE