confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/24/09 7:58 a.m.

Yep. So, I'm single again. After 13 months with my girlfriend. We had a good run--it was fun and I'll have many good memories, but we're so far away from each other now that it doesn't make sense for me anymore.

It just sucks to hurt somebody like that.

Plenty of fish, I suppose.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/24/09 8:19 a.m.

Wonder what she's posting....

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
3/24/09 8:26 a.m.

I was expecting you to tell us that you sold a car last night, so that you could purchase something else. Sorry to hear that you lost a relationship, but if it wasn't working for you...

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
3/24/09 9:02 a.m.

Did you follow your own advice?

jrw1621
jrw1621 HalfDork
3/24/09 9:04 a.m.

The easiest way to get over one is to get under another.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/24/09 9:12 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Wonder what she's posting....

PIIMB?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/24/09 10:07 a.m.

Hey, at least it was only 13 months. Get a few years into a relationship, discover you need to break it off and see what happens.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
3/24/09 11:13 a.m.

Child support and alimony, usually.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
3/24/09 11:35 a.m.

The one semi-regret I have in life is not having broken things off sooner when I was in a long distance relationship my first year of college.

Doesn't make things easier on either of you, but it sounds like this is what needed to happen and will be better for you pretty soon.

In the meantime, I prescribe that you grab a guy friend (or three), a six pack of your favorite beer, and a copy of "The Dirty Dozen".

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/24/09 11:47 a.m.

A wife wakes up in the middle of the night to find her husband missing. She feels around the bed, calls his name; nothing.

She tip toes down stairs.... Finds her beloved sitting at the kitchen table staring at a coffee cup with a little tear in his eye.

"Honey, you OK?" she asked.

"Remember 20 years ago when your Daddy caught us in the back of my car, he had a shotgun and said if I didn't marry you he would put me in jail?"

She blushed, but said yes, she remembers.

"I would have gotten out today!"

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/09 11:57 a.m.

Man, after all of the PIITB talk in the other thread, I initially misread the subject...

Sucks to break up with someone. Had a fiance break up with me (8 months before we were supposed to get married) after she fell for another guy from her school. At least she was honest about it and tried to let me down easy. Still hurt like a mofo, especially supporting her with my income while she went to school and fell for this other guy. Luckily, 7 years on and I can look back on a wonderful 5-year relationship with a woman who is a better match for me and has caused me to be a more responsible, mature and fun-loving person.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/24/09 1:34 p.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: Man, after all of the PIITB talk in the other thread, I initially misread the subject...

Oh, I get it. PIITB is an acronym for, well, that subject in that other thread. And now what you just said is a lot funnier.

92dxman
92dxman Reader
3/24/09 4:27 p.m.
Salanis wrote: In the meantime, I prescribe that you grab a guy friend (or three), a six pack of your favorite beer, and a copy of "The Dirty Dozen".

One of the best 'watch with the guys' movies of all time. End of story.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/24/09 4:29 p.m.

PIITB was the first thing I thought of.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/25/09 5:44 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:

PIITB,

Guess I'm not as worldly and knowlegable as I like to think, I had to Google this.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
3/25/09 7:30 a.m.
914Driver wrote: A wife wakes up in the middle of the night to find her husband missing. She feels around the bed, calls his name; nothing. She tip toes down stairs.... Finds her beloved sitting at the kitchen table staring at a coffee cup with a little tear in his eye. "Honey, you OK?" she asked. "Remember 20 years ago when your Daddy caught us in the back of my car, he had a shotgun and said if I didn't marry you he would put me in jail?" She blushed, but said yes, she remembers. "I would have gotten out today!"

Priceless!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DRCg66SxwYLnC40XPiVgRGWeL02pIrJhzcB2Tw4KoImvPIxwxdUuiY1H3ZPMwvnu