Not sure what these are going for in the sad shape they are (though 3pc wheels seem to be $$$ generally...), holler

Edit: I and these parts are in Tucson, AZ.  Days later and 10s of dollars shorter (inflation, you know...)... didn't stop to realize that being a smartass and listing my location as a gulag in the USSR might be problematic to the endeavour here (English spelling of "endeavor" because it's a little smart-assy...).

chandler
chandler MegaDork
8/18/23 4:49 p.m.

I'm interested for my rabbit but those are welded barrels right?

They are.

Emailing a few shops to see what it takes to get them repaired.  One place says barrels are available, $250 a pop, then figure labor  to separate and rebuild.  In contact with a couple other places, one is gathering info from me, the other is a "JDM" wheel shop I've not heard back from yet.

I've had them at LEAST ten years, maybe a little longer, got 'em off a parts car.   Was stoked until I saw how beat up they were, but back then I also had dreams of grandeur to refinish and mount them on the E21.  

However, nothing I have on my cars is the equal in price or quality of what these will be when repopped - these should go on some max effort build worthy of some nifty 3 piecers.  

chandler
chandler MegaDork
8/18/23 8:40 p.m.

Sent you a message

Saw, let me do a bit more research, I'll shoot something back to you.

Cheers.

A place called WheelFlip in SoCal can rebuild, about $500/wheel, halves can be changed in half inch increments, they can either re-weld the halves or you can go bolt together with M7 hardware.

(if these don't sell and I get flush with cash, I might make them 15x8's... save me from myself....)

Cheers

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/23 11:35 a.m.

Assuming Chandler didn't bite on these, I could be interested. 

Sending you a PM. 

AxeHealey said:

Assuming Chandler didn't bite on these, I could be interested. 

Sending you a PM. 

I believe I've replied?

Cheers.

Volvosruinedmylife
Volvosruinedmylife New Reader
12/24/23 7:33 p.m.

In reply to ГУЛАГ мальчик УР следующий :

You still have these? I am in Tucson. Really jiat need the center caps but let me know.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
12/24/23 8:15 p.m.
Volvosruinedmylife said:

In reply to ГУЛАГ мальчик УР следующий :

You still have these? I am in Tucson. Really jiat need the center caps but let me know.

I bought them but if you search around there was a guy 3D printing caps

In reply to chandler :

Thanks boss, for the sale and the heads up to Volvo...life.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/1/24 9:38 p.m.

I just saw these and have to thank Chandler from saving myself from more wife torture from another set of rims.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
2/2/24 8:06 p.m.

pretty happy with them, I still need to have them straightened but no big deal

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uUP9yXZZssHicTd7JP6NfcTH1vV8sQw39U3S7KcMEZyW3byJXAVpBWZwr6kjlFtt