Presented by Nine Lives Racing
hugogirard GRM+ Member
10/15/23 10:37 a.m.

What is the best tape to use for blocking off front grill and sealing the gap between the hood ans body panels?


It needs to be somewhat stretchy and be safe for the paint.



stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/15/23 12:33 p.m.

For aircraft wing and propellor leading edges "helicopter tape" is the go to. It is a soft plastic that absorbs impacts from small stuff. On the cars I work with on a regular basis a similar material that comes in larger sheets is used. A product like the one from Laminix, a magazine advertiser, should be able to do the job of sealing between body panels.

For adjusting and closing up grille/brake openings a gaffers tape in a simple color like black will be your best bet. Aluminum tape can be used but it is sensitive to fatigue cracking if it spans a gap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners