purchase: $950 plus 2 $0 items

to fix: gas tank $40

petcock: $25

Battery: $43

fuel filter: $1

total: $1059 invested

today: sold broken mower for $800

new total $259 invested

time to list the splitter broken and see if someone hits my "I won't waste time fixing it for this price" and i can net myself a profit and a free ATV that's running quite awesome.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/21 1:15 p.m.

Update:  sold broken log splitter.  This leaves me at net +$150 in my pocket and a free $3500+ atv in my garage.  

with that profit turned, i am successful for the first time in a while at a motor vehicle deal adding to the skyline fund versus losing from it.    Have been killing it on ebay lately which is fueling the house project without tapping into savings account more than I already have.  Speaking of the house, drywall time

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/21 4:48 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Your drywall style also saves on window treatments!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/10/21 9:27 p.m.

What is your degree in?

6/11/21 8:17 a.m.

Sorry we've been busy turning this

into this for an old couple to get the laundry out of the basement 

degree path is business management with entrepreneurship focus.  Taking 2 accelerated summer classes, and if i stick to my plan I should be a college graduate in spring 2023.  

Have a few more pieces of drywall to hang still before i start taping.  Have free flooring for upstairs.  Waiting on a quote for the siding I want for the front of the house.  Been enjoying the front porch almost every night.

catching up other business:

bought a nice riding mower for $300, sold my well used one to my sister for $200

First semester of school went well, a pair of A's.

tying up last loose ends of the remodeling business to concentrate only on small stuff for the grab bar business so i can start really diving into cnc cutting after the house is done

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/21 8:20 a.m.

Looking good!

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/11/21 8:46 a.m.

I was looking at the pictures trying to figure out where in the house you were working....

Looks great! And congrats on school. Proud of you. 

6/11/21 8:55 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Michael.  

also joined the Akron Sports Car Club and plan to take the mustang out to autocross on july 17 to give the sport one more try in a vehicle that's really really good for it and well sorted.  Will make a camera mount so i can laugh at how rusty i am.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/21 8:58 a.m.

the q is looking great!

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/21 8:59 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks Michael.  

also joined the Akron Sports Car Club and plan to take the mustang out to autocross on july 17 to give the sport one more try in a vehicle that's really really good for it and well sorted.  Will make a camera mount so i can laugh at how rusty i am.  

I'll be sure to get some outside shots for you... ;)

Hammeringman
Hammeringman New Reader
6/11/21 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Is your laundry room floor laminate or vinyl? My vinyl flooring in the house I just bought looks exactly like that.

6/11/21 1:35 p.m.

In reply to Hammeringman :

That one (not my house sorry for confusion) is coretec vinyl planks

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/11/21 6:42 p.m.

Thanks Michael.  

Okay I''ll bite ....have we seen this 'stang' elsewhere on the forum???

6/11/21 7:40 p.m.

Not sure, it's kinda my guilty pleasure toy since i'm a lifelong non mustang guy

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/11/21 8:50 p.m.

Not sure, it's kinda my guilty pleasure toy since i'm a lifelong non mustang guy

Yur such a tease.....so indulge us bro... K?  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/21 1:25 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I've seen it and I'm sure you've seen it just that you might not realize where you've seen it.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/14/21 8:47 p.m.

Pat, I'm moving to Alabama. The house has two stories ....my wife had knee replacement surgery back in the first part of March. The ceilings are nine footers ....she wants an intermediate landing to make the trip up /down less dramatic. From what I can see a 90 degree turnout will require ceiling joist manipulation.....no head knockers. Yes I know this will not be inexpensive what with lumber prices and all.....am I looking at least at $15K (minimum) for this endeavor (up and down into the basement)???  

6/15/21 7:38 p.m.

Probably up here, not sure on prices in alabama, depending on what's going on structurally.  

mustang pics unavailable for public consumption.  Not ready yet.

long day today.  Back hurts.  

6/17/21 7:33 a.m.

Yesterday was a big day, i finally after months of looking, getting vomit inducing quotes and material shortages taking away options, settled on siding for the front of the house.  It's going to be different than the sides and back for lots of reasons.  I want to be kinda unique, make a big wow, and define the porch as my outdoor living space.  Plus the front wall is so not straight and going to require lots of furring to get things decent enough to hang any siding on that normal vinyl would show everything and be unforgiving.  I am concentrating on getting the inside done first so that we can find out what our new normal will be with more rooms.  

flooring is on the way too, ended up getting a deal on the end of stock lot of solid 3/4 prefinished oak in a color that should be close enough to the original floors to feel right.  Ended up $2 per square foot cheaper than just going to the store and getting unfinished, including freight.  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
6/17/21 9:22 a.m.

That porch is looking amazing!  Great work.

6/18/21 7:55 p.m.

Mustang teaser 315 all around i love fat meat #flaresclub

also i may buy the zx12r 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/21 8:56 p.m.

Mustang teaser 315 all around i love fat meat #flaresclub

also i may buy the zx12r 

Are you saying that you're a size queen?

6/22/21 7:27 a.m.

Have to un-retire the flooring nailer for one last job(unless i do the kitchen).  So many oaks.  

6/23/21 8:14 p.m.

modded the little trailer with an extension for the front wheels of the 4 wheeler so  we can put the rallykart on the trailer behind it.  It's basically like a 2 car 5th wheel hauler now except in 1/4 scale

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bSOz4iq9BqJodCqgbHgzZVs3JZOFdDfRM77lukbRh8deRmIp3h8X9QGSLhq4GK61