1 ... 5 6 7
accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
8/22/22 5:56 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Hahaha, thanks! I had hurt the rs4s on the rear of the car somehow, they started chunking a bit. I'm not nice to my track cars! 

accordionfolder
8/24/22 12:46 p.m.

Draped a bit of the wiring in to try and get a sense of where it's going!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/24/22 1:09 p.m.

Prepositioned hearing protection! And 3 sets. how loud do you expect it to be? laugh

accordionfolder
8/24/22 2:10 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

When the car is moving again I don't know where I'll store my ear muffs! 

accordionfolder
8/29/22 12:43 p.m.

Did a bit of instructing this weekend in a gt4 - that was fun. The transmission I put into the black track rat was giving me heartburn so I yoinked it out while hanging out at the track on Sunday. Had a fun time in spite of not getting a ton of laps in! 

accordionfolder
9/1/22 11:12 a.m.

Back to the big bad car, ecu finally lit up. Wiring roughly draped. Maybe there is light at the end of this tunnel....

accordionfolder
9/4/22 10:22 p.m.

Closer. It wasn't behaving itself, but after a firmware update it's looking more promising. The e-throttle is behaving and it cranks and shows sensor output, but I'm still not seeing any fire.

Haven't really dug in, but it feels like it could happen now....

accordionfolder
9/5/22 11:13 a.m.

We got a backfire at 8am, so that's something. Ordered some random parts, but it's getting closer.

Fuel pump is running on key on. Need to get something in for the pcv, a lot of random vacuum line in. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/5/22 11:49 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I sometimes backfire at 8am too. The thing is ready to rock. 

accordionfolder
9/6/22 10:43 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

lol, if you backfire like the car did you might want to see a physician (or mortician)!

I do think we're getting there. I don't have the vacuum lines hooked up so I didn't expect it to run, I was just hoping to hear injectors/fuel/spark - which I did! So now I have to finish getting those stupid misc things that take forever to bolt together. The tiny little beast is going to be a giggle. 

accordionfolder
9/6/22 4:48 p.m.

Some stuff came in. Last week I realized that I hadn't grounded the engine at all, ha! (Why is the starter not working??) We'll fix that.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
9/23/22 10:58 p.m.

Bumpity bump bump ....

Or any other sounds coming out of it?

laugh

accordionfolder
9/25/22 10:33 p.m.

No fire yet, but we're close

accordionfolder
11/10/22 6:47 p.m.

I've been way behind on all things car related, but the car of the year is our little barn find Miata. It got a ms3 pro and it's a straight ripper at this point!

I ended up having to replace the clutch after that weekend, as you can hear in the video...

accordionfolder
11/11/22 11:38 a.m.

I don't have time for words, but here's some pictures of my clutch swap o' rama or The Blair Witch Clutch Project - your pick.

accordionfolder
1/3/23 1:53 p.m.

I gotta get myself going for 2023 ASAP!

Their trunks end at the same point, ha! 

accordionfolder
1/8/23 6:00 p.m.

Apparently all I had to do was put a running LS next to it and it decided IT WAS TIME!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/8/23 6:13 p.m.

Definitely not the sound you expect coming from that car. Congrats, well done!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
1/8/23 6:40 p.m.

yes

I like the sound. Actually, I LOVE the sound!

So you can detune it (why?) to run in more than one class? You have more will power than me. I'd turn it up until i scared the crap out of myself then turn it up a bit more ... laugh

accordionfolder
1/9/23 7:14 a.m.

Thanks guys! 

Lol, yes well it's open headers right now and I only revved it to like 2k so it probably would be a bit loud if I put it on the chip.

accordionfolder
1/11/23 11:08 p.m.

Got a few things done, went to bleed the clutch and the hydraulic throw out bearing was peeing everywhere. 

Out we come again!

accordionfolder
1/17/23 11:29 a.m.

And we're back in business. The top fitting needed tightened down. 

accordionfolder
9/15/23 6:17 p.m.

Well, a bit of time gap. Maybe I'll get it caught up one today, but for today maybe just give it a listen?

accordionfolder
9/16/23 12:57 p.m.

Spoiler, I got so tired of stupid issues with "rebuilt" and "good, used" 5.3 engines that I did a thing....

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OKU19YsrWBoUvnwDTM7SNLV9gY1w7gziCAlUlAGlTtOU1ZuUS6hFFIN5ceRglzmd