1 2 3 4
barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
2/2/24 8:49 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

My old red '90 is the one I sold. This one is firmly in the "wife would kick me out if I sell it" category. Which is both good and bad. Good because minitruck, bad because too many projects. 

Updates after using the truck to haul an engine after fixing the fuel leak. It seems to fuel starve? Either I kinked the new line, or the full pressure from the pump wrecked the regulator diaphragm. Hopefully I can sort that tomorrow. 

barefootcyborg5000
3/6/24 3:23 p.m.

It's a tossup as to which of these is heavier. Note to self, don't lift things alone anymore. 

Now I can take them over for a bath at the self-wash. The 465 is going up for sale. And the 4l60 will be manual-converted and installed in the truck with a slightly warm 350. The deal to buy sisters car fell through so I'm back to just one project which is nice. Still fickle though. Good news is I sold the 305 and zeroed the transmission so whatever I get from the 465 is going into the build budget. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
3/7/24 12:17 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Right after high school, we joked about "if ya can't lift a TH 400 into the back of a pick up, by yourself, you ain't a mechanic. "

I could, despite weighing in at 125 lbs. 

after getting up to 225, still could. 
By 239, and I'm my 50s, I realized I needed to stop doing things like that. 
Back down to under 210, and I'm not sure I even could, today crying

barefootcyborg5000
3/7/24 1:06 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

You'll appreciate that this one still has the converter installed then. 
I won't be doing it again. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
3/7/24 4:54 p.m.

No idea if you'd find them in a junkyard out there, but when my S10 had a SBC, it had 3rd Gen f-body manifolds, and they fit pretty well.  Probably not the best for performance, but may be a lot cheaper than aftermarket.

barefootcyborg5000
3/7/24 6:51 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Not a bad idea. Cost may force my hand there. Ideally, I can try to keep as much weight as possible off, but used manifolds are usually way cheaper. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rrZlRpcOxXWQvuvhLadvj0hVQE8e9ci1bMPZQeh3L4lFRKpY8ar3KZMTyE527Mmu