1 2
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/8/22 11:01 a.m.
feature_image

Remember the ‘90s? Movie night meant stopping at a Blockbuster, going online involved dial-up, and Grassroots Motorsports carried the tagline of America’s Magazine of Amateur Motorsports.

Whether you want to relive the magic of the ‘90s or just want some rad-era GRM gear to match your rad-era car, our new ‘90s vintage collection features the old-school Grassroots Motorsports logo: …

Read the rest of the story

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
6/8/22 11:36 a.m.

get off the dang phone Ma! I'm trying to use the AOL!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/8/22 11:47 a.m.
trucke
trucke SuperDork
6/8/22 11:49 a.m.

Vintage decals?smiley

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 11:59 a.m.

In reply to trucke :

We seriously need those. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/8/22 12:26 p.m.

Not going to lie, I was hoping for some crazy 90s neon colors. The 90s throwback bumper sticker would be amazing.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/8/22 12:35 p.m.

OK, I think I am digging that.

One improvement I would probably make.  Take it to an AutoX and have someone drive over it with nice warm and sticky AutoX tire (diagonal bottom left to top right).

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
6/8/22 12:44 p.m.

In reply to trucke :

Ask and ye shall receive - stickers will be included in the collection.

tb
tb Dork
6/8/22 12:58 p.m.

Real talk, I was not at all a fan of the tag line change. I do, however, accept that time changes us all...

This drop might actually get me to break my "no decals" rule on my rad 90s ride. I kinda want a windshield banner even if it does kill visibility in an already terrible situation. 

Nicole Suddard
6/8/22 1:03 p.m.

In reply to tb :

Unfortunately we were unable to make windshield banners for this drop, but I couldn't help but think of this and giggle: 

tb
tb Dork
6/8/22 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

I needed that laugh today, thanks!

Didn't expect you could make a run honestly. I might go for something smaller and subtle, though.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
6/8/22 1:46 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

Not going to lie, I was hoping for some crazy 90s neon colors. The 90s throwback bumper sticker would be amazing.

I was thinking the very same thing.  Neon colors, "Rad 90's", Da Bomb, you know, 90's slogans. Just get jiggy with it. Looking forward to Friday. 

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/8/22 2:19 p.m.

Great, I'll order some. My favorite was your first GRM T. Or was it AutoX? 1980s? It had a small logo on the front and I don't think there was anything on the back. 

Here's my current oldest. It's not as white as the pic suggests!;

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 3:19 p.m.

In reply to tb :

You know, I think this is the prototype for the windshield banner. 

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 3:21 p.m.

And I happen to be in the photo server right now, and here they are–from a tick more than 20 years ago.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/8/22 3:23 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/8/22 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

One of my all time favorite terrible movies.

Like tb, I suspect, I've never been thrilled to be walking around claiming to read the "hardcore" anything (in terms of the boast, get your mind out of the gutter), never mind how much of my wardrobe consists of GRM shirts. Looking forward to this (and hoping some are offered in black, but not depending on it).

As long as I'm making unsolicited apparel suggestions, the previous-era poster style CM shirts were some of my all time favorites. If those came back, I might panic and buy several.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/8/22 4:42 p.m.

I was hoping for a hypercolor GRM shirt. 

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 4:51 p.m.

And I almost had vintage Auto-X stickers on the 911 at Radwood, but someone's color vinyl printer was down....

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/22 5:07 p.m.

I had an Auto-X shirt!

tb
tb Dork
6/8/22 5:09 p.m.

Personally, I am just about subtlety and understatement when it comes to my daily drivers and currently I only have a daily driver... and, yes, "hardcore" is a bit outside my wheelhouse if we are talking about self image.

Sadly, though, my biggest problem with these sweet retro deals is that I don't wear t shirts. I am a buttoned down collared guy in my everyday apparel. I do own a GRM mechanics style shirt, but the selection for anything other than a "t" in life is minimal.

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 5:20 p.m.
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) said:

Great, I'll order some. My favorite was your first GRM T. Or was it AutoX? 1980s? It had a small logo on the front and I don't think there was anything on the back. 

Here's my current oldest. It's not as white as the pic suggests!;

That was one of my favorite T-shirts. I believe we did a very limited run in a long-sleeve T as well. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/22 6:55 p.m.

My eldest daughter likes to go "shopping at dad's" so I haven't had my angry racer guy t-shirt in over a year.  I'd buy three (so we'd each have two) if I could.

Nicole Suddard
6/9/22 11:09 a.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

While we don't have the OG Angry Shifter Guy shirt anymore, we do have this modified design available.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rhAEIr1ZGqWFDiQhiqVDzhlynoHWaY01igByXAnyqMxZuXSETXx8qh1D22i1UfJI