Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/24/23 8:53 p.m.

I haven't been following the LS market lately.  What's a reasonable value for an LQ9 6.0 out of a 2004 Escalade?  I being offered one as a partial trade for my Jaaaag.   Engine is stated to have 170k miles on it.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/24/23 9:21 p.m.

$600-800 in rusted E36 M3 box land.

Down south is more. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/23 9:27 p.m.

Around me, everyone wants $1200+ for a 6.0 with that many miles

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/23 10:32 p.m.

How complete it is plays a big role in the value. Full accessories, harness and PCM for an LQ9 I'd be expecting to pay $800-1200. A barebones 6.0 longblock I wouldn't pay more than $700 for.

garaithon
garaithon Reader
7/24/23 10:35 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Agreed!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/23 8:31 a.m.
Patrick said:

The dropout I did a decade ago cost $4500.  That was engine with all accessories and manifolds, harness, PCM, TAC, and throttle pedal, on a pallet and shipped from a salvage yard. 

Broken exhaust manifold bolts also come standard smiley

An LQ4 would have been far cheaper, the LQ9 is rarer and was a lot more desirable.

As for OP:  What's it worth to YOU?  And if you're only considering the trade as a flip option, what's the hassle of flipping it worth to you?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/25/23 9:08 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Patrick said:

The dropout I did a decade ago cost $4500.  That was engine with all accessories and manifolds, harness, PCM, TAC, and throttle pedal, on a pallet and shipped from a salvage yard. 

An LQ4 would have been far cheaper, the LQ9 is rarer and was a lot more desirable.

As for OP:  What's it worth to YOU?  And if you're only considering the trade as a flip option, what's the hassle of flipping it worth to you?

I mean, who doesn't need an extra 6.0 LS sitting around ?

but seriously, it would be for a flip to $$$.

Thanks for your input guys.  Still waiting for his response / pics of condition.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/23 8:11 p.m.

This is not current pricing, but I bought a complete LQ9 with 39k about 4 years ago.  Complete means some front accessories (front end collision broke some of them), wiring, ECM, motor mounts.  Complete water pump to flexplate and intake to pan.  I paid $1300 and they included a compression test... not that I doubted it at 39k.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/25/23 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

What would it take to sell the entire Escalade?  If the engine runs, what's needed to make it a driver?  

Or, are you only being offered the engine, already pulled?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/25/23 8:41 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thanks for the thought experiment guys.  Jaaag sold tonight for an all cash price.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0rFg7xHfD8HUVy5OfA6cfXwB9GMUIb6Tc5cWXnom6SI0lQSNBpdVHOJRuaiKLb8L