1 ... 27 28 29 30 31
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
5/2/24 11:17 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

To be fair Charles does a pretty good job of that with inconsistant race performance and crashing needlessly.

And Sainz isn't helping him look good this yr either.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/24 11:27 a.m.

On the other hand, Lewis can't even keep up with Russell this year...

On the topic of Newey, let's not forget that he isn't the only smart engineer on the grid. MB and Hamilton did quite alright without him. Anything can happen with the new regulations and I'm looking forward to it.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/3/24 10:05 a.m.

Straight from the F1 tabloids.. Didn't see this coming https://racingnews365.com/exclusive-williams-in-surprise-talks-to-sign-newey

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/24 10:17 a.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

I read that as "Williams wants him", which is not a surprise. There's not much actual news in the article. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
5/3/24 3:11 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

When I read that I thought, how are they going to afford him. They are a complete mess and as much as I respect Albon, he is not at the level as some of those at the top. I read that Eddie Jordan his agent must be in negotiations because he mentioned that he could also just sit on the sideline for a year or 2.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
5/3/24 5:02 p.m.

Both Mercs out in Q2 Sprint qualifying.  Russell 11th and Mercedes 12th.  So much for the upgrades...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/3/24 5:35 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Seems that if they can land him, it would make them more valuable. So easier to fill the rest of the funding, right?

markvince
markvince New Reader
5/4/24 7:26 a.m.

After looking at the sprint qualifying, it looks certain to be another weekend where Max and Red Bull are gonna dominate.

wae
wae UltimaDork
5/4/24 12:27 p.m.

Looks like they're using Mag to protect the points that Hulk is set to get here.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/4/24 12:53 p.m.

Fred and Lando get smacked around at the start, Lewis and Magnusson getting at it and then racking up penalties, Danny holds onto 4th, Max is out in front out of sight whole race.

tarach
tarach New Reader
5/4/24 12:58 p.m.

Magnussen was beyond ridiculous this sprint, 3 different penalties combing to 25 seconds.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/4/24 5:04 p.m.

Weird the track and speed "progression" on this track.  Everyone but a few was slower at the end of Q3, and many drivers were slower than the previous session before that.  Apparently the warm up of the tires are so sensitive that doing it the same when conditions change just a little ruins the run.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/4/24 5:21 p.m.

So, a penalty for speeding in the pit lane behind the safety car.  I'm not sure whether Lewis or the race director is dumber there. 

Can you imagine how dull that Sprint would have been without DRS? Not a great track for passing...

The F1TV director  missed almost all of the good stuff today.  We still don't know how Tsunoda and Lewis got past Kmags.  Had to wait for them to scrounge up some in car of Lewis getting past Tsunoda.  

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/5/24 7:20 a.m.

Formula 1 cars keep getting bigger and due to the desire to add street courses, the tracks are getting narrower-not a good trend. I hate street courses, all of them except maybe for Canada, which somehow always has good races

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/5/24 1:07 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

The Canadian track, apparently, was drawn into the islands plan by a draftsman specifically so it could be used as a race track.  Also, it was done without the knowledge of the higher-ups.

I don't know if that's true, but I sure hope it is.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/24 1:18 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I think Montreal is more of a racetrack that is open to other traffic than a street circuit. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/5/24 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Is it really open to traffic?  When we visited there many moons ago, I don't recall seeing cars on the roads we walked on.  It is a great track.

Belle Isle's track were real roads on the island. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/5/24 3:49 p.m.

I'm sure few here will care, but nice to see Marc Anthony doing the anthem.  And using his arms to sing (which he's REALLY known for doing).

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
5/5/24 4:35 p.m.

Dueling 1.9 s pitstops for Perez and LeClerc. Never seen a Ferrari pitstop that quick 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/5/24 4:40 p.m.

So Max causes a VSC by hitting a bollard and it sitting on the track.  And it looks like the front of the field will lose out on it.  Not bad to make it more interesting.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/5/24 4:50 p.m.

US driver out of US race. Magnusson finally hits someone after racing hard all weekend. 

maschinenbau
5/5/24 5:01 p.m.

The elbows are out today!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/5/24 5:15 p.m.

Bummer for Piastri- had he been able to over/under, probably would have kept the spot for a little while longer.  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
5/5/24 5:35 p.m.

LANDO! Awesome drive for the man from Glastonbury.

maschinenbau
5/5/24 5:35 p.m.

Lando's first win!

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
CQruFM5eZ30q76Nz21XlLLElfpcl3fS5eusPjsQ3h5dxgnpsH84i9LFlxaa9QfKm