1 2 3 4
Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/10/09 12:19 p.m.
Rangeball wrote: Might want to watch this: Top Gear Episode Avantime v. Evo X

Wile funny, I tend to discount the message of that episode. Otherwise there would only be factory stock vehicles racing and no one could ever make a factory stock vehicle faster or handle better.

All of us here know better than that.

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
6/10/09 12:45 p.m.

This thread=Fail

Dragkiller
Dragkiller New Reader
6/10/09 1:00 p.m.

give lightning a breakhow do you know the m-body wont win? youve tried it? i dont think so and thats whats so wrong people are modding camaros mustangs imports and if anything hes probablly going to teach you a leason. if these car where worth less then would people be upgrading them like mopar muscle or putting 440s in them? and as a full mopar man (er teen) i belive ever mopar has something to offer. and that is something you cant beat my love for m-bodys and all other mopars.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
6/10/09 2:52 p.m.

As an accomplished pipe dreamer myself I like this project. I will put it in the same category of project as my model A liquor car for most likely never happening. But pipe dream racing is an awesome substitute to those of us that who are financially challenged. I

slowcamaro
slowcamaro New Reader
6/10/09 5:33 p.m.
ManofFewWords wrote: This thread=Fail

quoted for truth.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/10/09 9:30 p.m.

I've got no problem with the pipe dream . . .I don't think it'll go very far, but I think it will be VERY fun to watch whether this happens or not. You have to admit, just the possibility of an M-Body trouncing all over a Mustang is enough to keep people interested. Is it realistic? Not really, but can it happen? Sure . . .

I've given up the ruse of being frustrated by it and am now sincerely interested. I really wish this thread would die but I want to see where this challenge takes the young Padawan.

Lightning
Lightning New Reader
7/17/09 5:41 p.m.

I didnt ask for it to be brought back to life again this time by.

In related news, I got my subframe bushings sitting in their box in the trunk right now. I start stripping it(the car) when I get back to FL in September.

MA2LA
MA2LA New Reader
7/18/09 8:49 p.m.

Ya know I think everyone is missing the biggest point of his build,, do what no one else has done. as for "theres no chance" anything can be made to handle well and hual a$$.. I have driven the mopar cop cars and hell they did pretty well. I have seen some very odd cars that turned quick times. like a 69 merc nascar copy this past week at summit point, now it did have a 429 but it did handle very well. it ran with my rx7 in the tight areas and that says alot because I get thought the t4 though t9 very well and then since its a stock 12a i fall on my face but if he wants to do cool stop bitchin and sit back with some pop corn and enjoy the show.

Buckhead
Buckhead Reader
11/2/09 8:47 p.m.
Lightning wrote: well, as previously seen in This Thread Black Stig and I made a bet to see who could build a better car for $30,000, including the purchase price. (running along a similar set of rules as the $200x Challenge) Well, it took me awhile, but I finally got my contender. here it is: the "Flying Brick II" Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket and I scored it for $350! And I've got until October of next year...

why would u start with this car? if i was going to dump money into a car with a chance to loose 30k at least make it an investment.

cxhb
cxhb Reader
11/2/09 9:15 p.m.

....After reading 4 pages, I'm really starting to wonder. Is this whole thread for real? Or is it some big inside joke im totally missing? Did i miss an issue? So much hostility...

Lightning
Lightning New Reader
11/16/09 12:59 p.m.

nah, stuff was happening behind the scenes too.

Parts are still being accrued.

My 4-speed is on a truck heading to Florida, I've got new Aluminum subframe bushings in the box in the trunk of the car, and I head down in 3 weeks to work on it some more.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A93bjtPJsfswq3xIMFxJLqLEC83ybPdRPaTGNpK6ZyVvDLcgRGrYwXNvyJxdGF2C