J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
10/12/23 10:09 a.m.
feature_image

For the first time in decades, there’s a real chance that the WRC could return to American soil. After a trial run in April, the next proof-of-concept event takes place on November 11 with the Copperhill Veteran’s Day Rally in Tennessee.

[Is there a real chance that WRC returns to the U.S.?]

To recap, April’s Rally USA Tennessee event consisted …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/12/23 10:16 a.m.

Really sounds like it's coming together. I wish them all the best.

And yeah, that gravel mine would offer a unique backdrop.

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
10/12/23 1:52 p.m.

The televised WRC race will look...well...'interesting' to those used to the beautiful European backdrops in most WRC coverage.  I suppose the possible embarrassment of an ugly venue is more than made up for by the enthusiasm and grit of rally racing.  At least it would be HERE and accessible by us.  I truly cannot wait for this!!!

J.A. Ackley
10/12/23 4:39 p.m.

In reply to DavyZ :

Hey, industrial chic is a thing wink. I'm familiar with the area and if they pull off the industrial chic, it should make for a nice landscape, especially being in the heart of the mountains that border Tennessee and Georgia.

J.A. Ackley
10/12/23 4:39 p.m.

In reply to DavyZ :

Hey, industrial chic is a thing wink. I'm familiar with the area and if they pull off the industrial chic, it should make for a nice landscape, especially being in the heart of the mountains that border Tennessee and Georgia.

Hoppps
Hoppps New Reader
10/12/23 8:17 p.m.

So if we don't do Facebook or Instagram, how can we keep up with the event? I would've traveled to the showcase a few months ago had I know what day it was. I'm only a few hours and would love to support!

J.A. Ackley
10/12/23 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

You can start with their website at www.rallyusaofficial.com

Hoppps
Hoppps New Reader
10/12/23 8:29 p.m.
J.A. Ackley said:

In reply to Hoppps :

You can start with their website at www.rallyusaofficial.com

Rofl! 

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
5/22/24 9:51 a.m.

June 14-16 is fast approaching....any GRM'ers planning to go? I'm interested in spectating but none of the spectator links work

J.A. Ackley
5/22/24 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

It's on my schedule. I was going to follow up with them in a bit.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/22/24 1:02 p.m.

In for any updates/news

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/22/24 1:08 p.m.

From a rally person perspective- the upcoming demo rally is right between a bunch of other rallies in the same general region, so a lot of us can't make it work with events on adjacent weekends.  There are a couple entries that will be fun to watch but it's not gonna be a packed field.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
itvxfLHyxHymjThQlbpZBxPkeDCZbgEjYrdc2Vl4nC6afQ5zL3d0mOzUm8sRXCo3