1 ... 24 25 26 27 28
secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/6/23 10:05 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Thanks for the quick response!  I'm out.  Not a big fan of the color or the Co-Pilot 360 nannies.  My order has the luxe package and I'm looking forward to some of those features as I'm headed for the wrong side of "young"...

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/6/23 10:05 p.m.

It would be rad if we could get the 2023 price (and a big thanks!) but if not it's no big deal. I mainly got the X-Plan to avoid markups honestly.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/6/23 10:20 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

I did the copilot on my 23 XLT, honestly they give you a lot of ability to control the level of the lane keep portion in the menus and if you turn it off it doesn't turn back on with key cycles. The lane keep, if you even turn it on, can go from gentle vibration of the wheel to gentle steering back into the lane depending on settings. From the factory, you have to go menu diving to turn the lane departure steering on as it's vibration only initial setting. The blind spot detection is kinda nice and the rear cross traffic is also handy. The AEB is so far so good for me, I've woken up the warning 2-3x, but haven't gotten into it braking. 

I do hear you, I have the XLT lux and the heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel have been huge for the cold season.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/6/23 10:21 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

I would've done xl if the color came with the xl. 

I thought my order was the red color but I guess I forgot. 

yupididit
12/6/23 10:21 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

I'll ask tomorrow if they'll let you get the 2022 x-plan price

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/6/23 10:31 p.m.

Thank you!

yupididit
12/7/23 3:59 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

Said that once I decline to take it then the rebate that honors my 2023 price goes away. 

yupididit
12/7/23 3:59 p.m.

Terrain is a really awesome color in these though. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/7/23 6:18 p.m.

It's fine if we lose the discount. I would still be at the X-Plan price under $30K. Pretty sure I can do this over the weekend or next week. Did they give you a deadline?

yupididit
12/7/23 6:44 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

Send me your contact information tonight and I'll give it to him tomorrow. He's open to working with you.  He said he'll give it a few days before he tells his manager I don't want it. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/8/23 5:23 p.m.

So yupididit and I tried to, say, "transfer" my order to his and you're not allowed to do that. An X-Plan or other Plan deal you make follows your order and when it is surrendered that's it for the Plan deal. The dealer is going to do their customary $5k markup they do on all their Hybrid Mavericks to the one in question. They were certainly willing to work with me first if I paid the markup. His order started with A whereas mine starts with G so I'll just be waiting unless one I like turns up at MSRP, KBB used or something like those.

12/8/23 7:04 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

Not sure how helpful this info is, but my order starts with a "D" and I recently received en email with a build date the last week of February.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/8/23 8:18 p.m.

I have gotten zero e-mails.

dps214
dps214 SuperDork
12/8/23 8:28 p.m.

When did you order? You should at least be getting the every 45 days "we promise we're trying" emails. Or did they stop those?

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/8/23 8:51 p.m.

I ordered in July. Probably should call my dealer and ask why. Maybe my e-mail didn't get entered.

12/8/23 9:00 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

I'd check with them.

I placed my order the 1st day the 2024 order banks opened & got a confirmation email within a day or two. Then I got a "we promise we're trying" email in October & my build date email in the last week.

yupididit
12/8/23 9:04 p.m.

How long are yall willing to wait? I ordered Sept 2022, it arrived Dec 2023 lol

Good luck

12/8/23 9:55 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

If mine gets built the end of February per the build date I was just given, I "should" get it late March/ Early April. That would be less than 8 months from order to delivery.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/8/23 10:21 p.m.
GCrites said:

I ordered in July. Probably should call my dealer and ask why. Maybe my e-mail didn't get entered.

Same situation.  I ordered in the 2022 window, and updated in the 2023 window 

12/8/23 10:55 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Did you renew for 2024? I think I read all unfulfilled orders from 2023 had to be renewed for 2024.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/8/23 11:05 p.m.

Sorry, a year off.  I ordered a 2023 (in 2022) and updated for a 2024 (in 2023)

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/8/23 11:16 p.m.

Ordered mine September '22, received August of '23

Love the truck, only black mark is the direct injection pump suddenly getting noisier with less than 1k miles on it on cold start. (Ecoboost)

GCrites
GCrites Dork
12/9/23 1:35 p.m.

Called the dealership and my e-mail address in the system had a wrong letter. They had some good news though in that my build date is scheduled for Feb. 27th. Which to me isn't too bad considering how long others have waited for a Hybrid and having an order number with a G prefix.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
12/16/23 8:39 a.m.

Whelp, my originally ordered Maverick is now gone, and my father in law has replaced it with... drumroll please... another Maverick!

He liked the truck I ordered so much, he ordered a 2024 Lariat from Mullinax Ford of New Smyrna Beach. And it arrived last week. He's elated to have his truck, except with "leather" and some driving nannies. He paid MSRP plus tax, no fees, no dealer games, etc. Then, after finishing negotiations, he bought an extended warranty for a few thousand dollars.surprise Whatever...not my circus etc. etc. FWIW he managed a 0% financing deal, too. 

His neighbor, Bob, still has his 2022 XL hybrid that he paid $10k over sticker and drove 1000 miles to pick up. And he still loves it.

And his brother in law down the street ordered a 2024 XLT hybrid, and also picked it up last week. He's thrilled, too.

We just sold my Maverick to Carvana for $27,600 with 4000 miles on it. So, basically, we drove a free truck for six months.

And for those keeping track at home, Ford did mail me a $484 price protection check a few months ago.

You may have noticed that at the conclusion (or at least my conclusion) of this thread, I have no Maverick. Instead, I'm still driving my F-150 Lightning. The Maverick was a fantastic idea back when my old F-250 was healthy. But as it declined, I realized that I really needed to daily a truck that could tow, or buy two new trucks, so I made my decision.

For my father in law, though, him and his retired old guy friends have a Maverick-filled neighborhood and they're all happy as clams. Good for them. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/16/23 8:59 a.m.

There's a white Maverick Lariat in my neighborhood.  Given the rear window sticker for being a Viet Nam Vet, it is easy to guess the owners age.  My experience has been these are the perfect vehicle for that age group.  The group has always owned a truck but are personally past the age of lifting heavy items though still want to be able to do their "chores."  

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k14kMNEfC5W5jWUk0UsZ7Lab9npNi8gFIjKrlrunESWwzFWTsFRUvSkiWMBZtRrY