1 ... 31 32 33
FJ40Jim
FJ40Jim Reader
9/29/23 9:07 a.m.

We've taken to grocery shopping every 2 weeks ever since the pandemic thing. It's so annoying to come home with all this food, which totally fills the kitchen fridge, the basement overflow fridge, and even the bar fridge out in the shop. 

So annoying.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/10/24 6:03 p.m.

After Christmas I saw a heavy duty,  5/8" chuck, 1/2HP bench top drill press for sale for $15. The motor was pooched, and it was worth every penny of that $15. It was a little crusty so I spent an evening cleaning it up, making it sparkle, then yesterday I drove an hour and a bit to pick up a motor for $100. It was brand new, farm duty, not made in China, a very high quality motor. And I promptly installed it. It works great.

This morning I saw a 5/8" chuck, 1/2HP  full size, 16spd drill press for sale 30 minutes away for $100.

Now I have two drill presses.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
1/10/24 8:14 p.m.

I'm still trying to figure out where on the 12' workbench I made in my brand new shop, I'm gonna bolt the vice such that it doesn't get in the way of the chopsaw or drill press. Cuz the *other* vice, that's going on the tool chest, aint as big. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/24 8:17 p.m.

My wifi printer had an error code and would not re-connect to my computer.  It worked fine a few days ago.

I pulled the sticker of the cable port and plugged it in the old fashioned way.  Problem solved.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
1/10/24 10:09 p.m.

Just started a thread on the sim page but having 3 kids under 2 has left me with little chance for seat time in the near future. Had entertained a sim set up. Popped on craigslist and found a PS3, Playseat, G25 wheel/pedal/shifter set, and Gran turismo 5/prologue/6, F1 2006, Nascar 2011, and about 20 other random games for $100. Figure the seat alone is worth that.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/10/24 10:12 p.m.

I have so many vehicles that I'm having trouble operating them all frequently enough to keep the batteries charged. I'm going to have to install disconnects on one or two of them if I'm not careful. 

Peabody:

>Now I have two drill presses.

That's kind of how I ended up with two Miatas. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/10/24 6:17 a.m.

I put too much chorizo on my breakfast wrap and it totally upset the delicate balance between the meat of choice, hash brown, the egg, and the tortilla. 

I'm beside myself. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/21/24 12:32 p.m.

No surprise, our new to us 2017 Shelby GT350 has tires that bear 2016 date codes.  Still some tread left, but getting a tad old.  Tire rack has three choices, the OEM Michelin Pilot Super Sports, the Sport Cup 2's, and some Pirelli P-Zero's with a near zero treadwear number.  The Super Sports seem like a no-brainer (they're on the car now).  Only thing is, they're 500 bucks each.  Of course, none of the other options is any cheaper.

Oh, well.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD HalfDork
2/21/24 4:14 p.m.

The snap on guy is late today.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/24 6:48 p.m.

What to drive to work today?

Company car or fun car?  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/24 7:28 p.m.
RonnieFnD said:

The snap on guy is late today.

My Snap-On 10mm 1/4 hex socket broke 15 minutes after our guy left last week, and he is on vacation this week.

My Matco 8mm swivel socket broke an hour after he left today.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
4/2/24 2:22 p.m.

Why is it hard to respond whether something is in stock or available to order?

Maybe we should get AI to solve that before letting it loose on law and medicine.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD HalfDork
4/2/24 2:27 p.m.

I have to go to Ohio for work and it's gonna snow on Thursday apparently. Life is hard. 

spandak
spandak Dork
4/2/24 2:35 p.m.

My key card doesn't work on the rear building door at work. After parking my Porsche in my preferred spot I had to walk around the building through the front door. At least it's a beautiful morning or whatever. 

1 ... 31 32 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pGmATDvM8w7VijkRw6Ls7MY19d8BH8FmJKjIdGUbTrD2piTBT4Kac9GEsuYeDmLD