1 ... 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 1943
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/29/24 1:16 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

Theater: one wine, one beer, one popcorn, one bottled water, one pack M&M's plain.

$72.

We've been to the theater to see a movie like 4 times in the last 4 years now- 3 of those times were with a couple we're good friends with and the fourth was supposed to be with them but they bailed at the last minute because one of them wasn't feeling the best (and this was in late 2020). I won't deny, there is something to be said for seeing a movie in a real theater- but 99% of the time for us we're far happier waiting a few months for it to be available to stream and watch it sitting on our comfy couch with whatever food or drink we want for a fraction of the cost with essentially as good of a view with our decent-sized TV and a decent sound system- and we can pause it whenever to go to the bathroom and not miss anything. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/24 1:23 p.m.
Antihero said:

Why can't we make shoelaces that stay tied anymore?

New work boots, laces won't stay tied......

Change the laces. Several brands of shoes and boots come with cheap, super slick laces and they won't stay tied for anything. Change them to a leather lace or order a pair from Redwing or such and the problem will go away. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/29/24 1:38 p.m.

For several years now, I've been trying to find a good way to monitor the temperature in our hot tub at home remotely. After several failures of devices that had a floating thermometer transmitter, I found one that a) just has a wired probe that goes into the water so the main unit isn't in the water and b) was part of a 'smart house' ecosystem that I already had a number of devices in, so it didn't require another app and would send me notifications when the temperature was not where it was supposed to be. 

I got the new thermometer mid-January. A week or so ago, I noticed that the thermometer wasn't connected to the base unit, but didn't get the chance to go out and look and see what the issue was until yesterday. At which point I discovered that the transmitter was apparently not at all intended for use outside or in a remotely wet environment as the connections for the 2 AAA batteries had rusted and corroded badly which was why it wasn't working. 

Soooo, now I get to take it apart and see how far the corrosion went and whether or not I can get it working again or if I need to try and exchange it.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
4/30/24 8:01 a.m.

My CEO seems to have an almost pathological aversion to finishing projects. He's the main funder and owner of our end product and he can't seem to help himself from making changes that massively increase our timeline and undo months or years of work. It's massively frustrating to have something halfway through production and then hear him start asking "what if" again. It's like he doesn't want to see them finished.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/30/24 9:06 a.m.

I just can't get my E36 M3 together today. Fuzzy-headed and Restless minded and unmotivated. Just a completely crap headspace today.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/24 10:02 a.m.

Instagram/Facebook businesses put your locations in posts or easy to find in profiles. With the algorithms showing you more random stuff it's annoying to see an amazing looking pizza, then have to search to find out it's a resturant in CA that's 3000 miles away. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/30/24 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I hear ya.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/30/24 12:33 p.m.

How does this customer manage to get their material (a sticky paste of some sort) inside the electrical connectors for the pump motor?? Did they bathe in it before disassembling and rebuilding the pump? It's literally everywhere including inside mounting fasteners that are miles away from where material should be

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/30/24 1:58 p.m.

"Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, This Stupid Azz Chant Has Got To Go!"

"One, Two, Three, Four, Saying It This Way Doesn't Mean You Should Believe Me More!"

"Five, Six, Seven, Eight, What I Say Isn't Less Stupid Because I Alliterate!"

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/24 4:08 p.m.

I was searching for the best price on an item. The Googs popped up an ad for Instacart with a price that was 1/2 of what everyone else is charging for it. Hmmm, maybe it's a discount to get you to try the ap. Sure, let's see how this goes. I placed an order and then checked on it. I noticed that there's a option to replace the item with something similar if it's not available. That's nice, er, slimy. OK, let's set that to "Refund my order". I checked the retailer that they are supposed to pick up the item from and they don't have it in stock anywhere near here. I foresee a refund in my near future.

Update: sure enough they cancelled my order. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/24 4:12 p.m.

Meanwhile, I was looking at my banking ap and noticed a couple charges from Costco RX. Uh, we don't use Costco RX.  Balls!!! 

Called the bank, disputed the charges, ordered new cards....

We don't use our debit cards, so it's got to be through an auto-bill or ap of some sort. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/30/24 4:21 p.m.

As I have discussed here, this place is weird. Some of my colleagues here are bizarre humans. 

One guy is really getting on my nerves. He's the guy that calls all of the meetings, but he's dumb and doesn't get anything, and constantly looks for validation.

Me: "So we're designing this widget. I have a preliminary design here (holds it up), as you can see, it's silver. It has a magnetic base. The base is coated with rubberized material to not mar the surface. The other wise is bowl shaped, and it can be used for storing bolts and tools temporarily."

Him: "What color is it?"

Me: "hmm. Did you hear me before? It's silver"

Him: "I see. Very good. have you considered making the base magnetic?"

Me: "Yes, in fact this one here in my hand has a magnetic base"

Him: "Have you considered making it bowl shaped?"

and then the meeting minutes, which he writes, say "Tuna is changing the design to be silver, magnetic and bowl shaped, great teamwork!"

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/24 6:50 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

If he ever leaves there our place will make them senior management here

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
4/30/24 7:44 p.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/30/24 9:11 p.m.

Barely controlled chaos. I hearding cats (4 new guys) while trying to teach them how to wash transmissions. I'm doing a E36 M3ty job, because I also have to run a computer to scan said transmissions, fight the program because its German set to the clock in Friedrichaven. I also have to tell the 8 speed and 9 speed inspectors to stop hammering me for transmissions because this manager level bullE36 M3.  I'm no manager  

Everyone berkeley off.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/30/24 11:39 p.m.

I feel like Reddit has gotten very noticeably worse in the lead up to and immediately following their IPO. I've been on the site for over a decade (kinda embarrassing) and now I'm just slowly stopping using it. I feel like this is the general trajectory of every good website that gets big

No Time
No Time UltraDork
5/1/24 8:12 a.m.

Decided to have pop tarts for breakfast. 

I like mine toasted so put it in the toaster oven. Some of the filling started to leak out while toasting, but I didn't notice. 

Picked one up to take out of toaster and got the leaking filling on my finger and now have a blister forming from a pop tart accident. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
5/1/24 8:26 a.m.
tuna55 said:

As I have discussed here, this place is weird. Some of my colleagues here are bizarre humans. 

One guy is really getting on my nerves. He's the guy that calls all of the meetings, but he's dumb and doesn't get anything, and constantly looks for validation.

Me: "So we're designing this widget. I have a preliminary design here (holds it up), as you can see, it's silver. It has a magnetic base. The base is coated with rubberized material to not mar the surface. The other wise is bowl shaped, and it can be used for storing bolts and tools temporarily."

Him: "What color is it?"

Me: "hmm. Did you hear me before? It's silver"

Him: "I see. Very good. have you considered making the base magnetic?"

Me: "Yes, in fact this one here in my hand has a magnetic base"

Him: "Have you considered making it bowl shaped?"

and then the meeting minutes, which he writes, say "Tuna is changing the design to be silver, magnetic and bowl shaped, great teamwork!"

He sounds like 90 percent of the claimed humans on the Internet. People have forgotten how to listen. Communication is dead. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
5/1/24 8:32 a.m.

Woke up, beautiful day. Sun is shining, birds are twittering mating calls. A light mist of fog is hovering over the valley, anxiously awaiting being burned off by the forthcoming sun. So, I decided to take the Corvair into the office. 

And I'm motoring along, everything is peaches and rose buds until I clutch to change gear and the left pedal drops to the floor. I manage to pull into a dentists office parking lot, crawl underneath, and there's the clutch cable, detached, dragging on the asphalt. I tucked it up around the transverse leaf spring and rev-match my way back to the garage from whence I had left 10 minutes prior.  Swapped all my gear into my Mazda3 and scurried off. 

At least I have a sympathetic boss. When I told him what happened, he said, "hey, you were able to drive it home, you had a spare car, you have a garage to fix it in, the tools and know how to do it, a lift to do it on, children who love to help you, and, best of all, a freaking 1964 Corvair Convertible. I'd say you're pretty damn lucky."

Toyman!
5/1/24 9:09 a.m.

This was received from a customer this morning.  

Valued Service Partner,

We wanted to send a quick reminder that on all PO’s there is a 10% service fee, up to $10, that is deducted from all PO’s. Our hope is that you and your organization continue to see the value (Dumbass Company) can bring to you by working with us. We are growing more than ever and have a pipeline of several large opportunities ready to take off anytime. We look forward to continued success in 2024. Thank you for all you do for us.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us at (email@dumbass.com) and your dedicated Affiliate Manager will be in touch with you. 

Thank you!

Affiliate Management Team

They seem to think they are an important part of my business. Guess what shiny happy person, I don't pay you to service your customer, you pay me. Your total business represented approximately .01% of my annual gross. You don't even bring enough value to earn a discount, much less the privilege of having me pay you an affiliate fee. You are slow to pay and generally a pain in the ass to work with. So, take your affiliate fee, fold it until it's all sharp corners, and shove it up your ass.

You want to play games? Fine, here you go...

Affiliate Management Team,

This email is to inform you that Express Entrance charges an affiliate fee of 25% for all companies that charge us an affiliate fee. We hope you understand that without us you don't have service providers to care for your customers.

Failure to pay all invoices in full will result in our affiliate fee being charged on all future invoices to your company. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Back at you shiny happy person.

wae
wae UltimaDork
5/1/24 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

What in the actual berkeley?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/1/24 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Yeah.  Sorry, we are busy that year.  Try one of your other service affiliates.

Or mark it all up 50%, discount 10...

No Time
No Time UltraDork
5/1/24 9:35 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I just can't get my E36 M3 together today. Fuzzy-headed and Restless minded and unmotivated. Just a completely crap headspace today.

This has been my week, so far. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/24 9:58 a.m.

I don't know if it's my port acting up or if I overworked myself over the weekend, but this neck pain can go away anytime. 

Every cough, sneeze, nose blow, etc is just sending stabbing pains through my neck and shoulder. 

Toyman!
5/1/24 10:35 a.m.

In reply to wae and Streetwiseguy :

Whoever came up with that idea must have smoked some good E36 M3. 

I can't wait to see what their response is. 

1 ... 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 1943

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UcFrBkWodkVQ95yu3fr1VEWA7pijYhrlH9BkaauDYU9zXsxeE5l4XRuxt47eyanF