1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 ... 1942
tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/1/24 10:52 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

That is classic project manager action. He heard what he wanted to hear. He gave unnecessary, redundant input. Finally, he documented the meeting notes such that it appears that he gave valuable input and "put the project back on track". He is headed for a great review, a raise, and probably a promotion. This guy is C suite management material. LOL 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
5/1/24 12:56 p.m.

I work long hours in front of a computer. Am constantly stressed. Phone rings, emails non stop. "Why isn't this done yet?" "I thought you'd have this done already?" The deadline is always yesterday.

Anyway, I saw this sign today for more money than I make now as an engineer:

I dropped my phone while on the can this morning and now it rattles from the haptic feedback when typing. 25 years of owning cell phones and I've never damaged one from dropping it. Until today sad.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/1/24 5:43 p.m.

The house we rented while on vacation had Netflix, and we started watching Six feet under in the evenings. As annoying as some of the characters are, we were enjoying it, and promptly signed up for Netflix when we got home.

Then found out Netflix Canada doesn't have Six feet under :(

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/1/24 6:12 p.m.

Three cavities filled today. 

Im a miserable motherberkeleyer. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/1/24 6:26 p.m.
Peabody said:

The house we rented while on vacation had Netflix, and we started watching Six feet under in the evenings. As annoying as some of the characters are, we were enjoying it, and promptly signed up for Netflix when we got home.

Then found out Netflix Canada doesn't have Six feet under :(

Have you tried searching for "1.8 Meters Under" instead?laugh

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/1/24 6:33 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

OK, that was good.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/1/24 7:03 p.m.

I went to HD to buy salt for our water softener. Rant #1: It's usually right by the front door but there's only one bag left and it's torn. Nobody thought to restock it?

OK, sometimes they also have it on an endcap near the middle of the store so I looked around for a couple minutes before I asked someone where I could find it. Rant #2: I honestly think this guy had issues. He asked me 3-4 times to repeat what I was looking for. "Water softener salt". It was like I spoke a foreign language, but English was clearly his first language. Then he walked me all the way up to the the front of the store and asked the manager that was sitting there. I could have done that myself. 

Rant #3: The manager says "That's a plumbing problem" and the 3-4 ladies that she was BSing with all look at each other like deer in headlights. She said it again and one of them called a guy from plumbing up to the front of the store on the intercom.

Rant #4: It took two guys about 10 minutes to get a forklift, drive it up from the back of the store, pick up the pallet off a rack and bring it to the front of the store. 

I think I wasted about 30 minutes in total. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/24 8:11 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Three cavities filled today. 

Im a miserable motherberkeleyer. 

Everyone is entitled to live how they see fit I'm honestly afraid to ask what the third cavity was. 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/1/24 9:19 p.m.

I am traveling for work today. TSA ran my backpack through the scanner 3 times before they let it go. I swear they have never seen a backpack with a laptop, measuring tape, pens, pencils, etc... like every darn day. Honestly, I shouldn't complain because it didn't impact my schedule, but it was bloody annoying.

TSA Dude had the audacity to ask if I had any "dangerous pointy objects" in there.  

Me:  Uhm, pens, pencils, probably a tiny little screwdriver.. 

He sort of laughed. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/2/24 8:46 a.m.

I didn't sleep last night from my mouth hurting and it still hurts. There's a reason I ain't been to the berkeleying dentist in 20 years

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/2/24 8:52 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

That, unfortunately, is a vicious cycle.

I used to hate going to the dentist and had tons of cavities and it was always horrible when I did go.

Now I go for a cleaning and checkup twice a year. I haven't had a filling that wasn't just replacing an older amalgam filling in years, and even that is rare.  The cleanings are non-events, too.

I wish I had learned that 40 years ago instead of 20.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/2/24 9:23 a.m.

Went to a shabu shabu place on advice of my girlfriends weeaboo coworker. They give you thinly sliced pieces of very nice meat that you're then supposed to boil in a broth. You only cook it for 10 seconds or so, so it doesn't absorb any flavor and you basically end up with flavorless boiled meat. Waste of nice steak I reckon. Would take Korean BBQ any day for a all you can eat, cook it yourself meat situation. 

Oh and also the restaurant had an NFT collection tie in to get discounts? Made the whole thing feel like a scam. I'm not gonna buy your $1500 nft to get $7 off my meal

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/24 10:17 a.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

We do something similar at home using one of these.

One side of the pot is a super spicy broth, the other is an extremely seasoned but not spicy broth for my wife. Seasonings used are lots of salt, pepper, onions, red pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, oregano, and anything else you feel like dumping in there. It needs to be so seasoned it hurts to taste it. 

You can also choose to season the meat and grill it on the grill section in butter or an assortment of oils.

We use chicken thighs, beef roast or steak, sausages or brats, shrimp, and assorted veggies. It changes depending on what the wife buys at the grocery store. We also use a variety of dipping sauces that also change. It's pretty fun and very tasty.  

gixxeropa
5/2/24 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

That would probably be better, the broth at this place seemed to be water with food coloring, mostly

gsettle
gsettle Reader
5/2/24 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Toyman, what is that apparatus called?

Toyman!
5/2/24 11:06 a.m.

In reply to gsettle :

A hot pot grill. The zon carries them. 

Toyman!
5/2/24 11:24 a.m.

Under no circumstance will my employees replace a door or operator while the 120v circuit is energized. They are not electricians, they are low voltage trained, not line voltage trained. Feeding live wires through an aluminum box while standing on a ladder is a good recipe for one of my people to get seriously injured and my worker's comp insurance to go through the roof. It's bad for my people, it's bad for my business. It's not happening, period.

You must find and turn off the breaker for the door we are changing. If you can not find the breaker, you must call an electrician to chase the circuit and find the breaker or install a disconnect above the door, or do it yourself.  

You were told this 3 weeks ago. Why is the circuit still hot? Why don't you know where the breaker is? 

I've told my employees to head back to the office.

Let me know when you have done your job so we can do ours. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/2/24 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

And here it has to be tagged and locked out. If I did that at work they could fire me on the spot for cause. 

Stupid rural internet, my email has been down for hours. It's not like there will be anything that can't wait, but that's not the point. I want to read my emails!

gixxeropa
5/2/24 11:34 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I've done some research apparently the Chinese style hot pot has the bold broth while the Japanese style  shabu shabu is not. Maybe I'd Prefer that

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/24 11:52 a.m.

Almost all of the doctors I've been too in the last 15 years have payment plans. Hospitals I've been to in the last 15 years take payment plans.

Why haven't I been to the dentist in 15 years? I've never found a DDS that takes payments. I've got a Nissan Versa worth of work in my face hole, and I have to pay you in full?

And you have the balls to ask why I haven't seen a dentist in 15 ywars?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/24 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Dude that's berkeleyed. All the dentists I've gone to offer care credit or payment plans. Especially the sedation dentists. 

They usually want the knockout drug money up front, then they're more than happy to take monthlies for the rest

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/24 12:45 p.m.

Rant 1: Decided to finally try and get the new printer set up to print ASA (similar to ABS in properties, but supposed to be less noxious to print with). Hot end does fine- but when I try and run the bed up to the 110C that it supposedly needs the system throws a fault that it's not heating as expected. OK- I didn't tune it to go that high initially, so I run the command to tune it so it knows how the bed heater will behave. Same fault. Look up the specs on the printer as the bed heater is one of the things I didn't upgrade- turns out it is only stated to be able to go to 100C. Annoying- but OK, can probably make that work. Re-run the tune for 100C. Still faults. 

So now it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the bed heater on that printer as well... which will be interesting since nobody seems to make a line-voltage one specifically for this printer's bed setup (notably with the holes for the screws that mount the bed to the Z-axis frame in the right place). 

Rant 2: Got a text from The Dancer yesterday afternoon that the XM in her truck had stopped working. Some background- the new truck, unlike the previous, came with a SiriusXM tuner built in. As you would expect, it had some duration of free trial after buying the truck so you'll get hooked on it and want to pay for a subscription. Only apparently the trial on this one was... nearly 2 years? So, now we have to pay $20/month for it (once the 3 months at $1 end). Still a very minor rant though, give we've gotten it free for the last 2 years- and the advantage to actually paying for it is that we can use the mobile app/web player so I can listen to it at my computer and in my cars which don't have built-in tuners.

Rant 3: Woke up at 6am this morning (75 minutes before my alarm) and couldn't get back to sleep, eventually giving up on trying to get back to sleep half an hour later and getting up and starting my day early. Got enough sleep- but also realized that I apparently should be getting up around that time to be able to get started at work when I want to instead of about half an hour later. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
5/2/24 2:27 p.m.
tester (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

That is classic project manager action. He heard what he wanted to hear. He gave unnecessary, redundant input. Finally, he documented the meeting notes such that it appears that he gave valuable input and "put the project back on track". He is headed for a great review, a raise, and probably a promotion. This guy is C suite management material. LOL 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/24 6:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

See if anyone near you works with dental schools. My dentist takes in students regularly and has all sorts of pricing plans. In 20 years only one of them hurt, I think he underestimated how much it takes to numb me and it was his first root canal. Everything else they did was fine. 

1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 ... 1942

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v4gK8lmsWmyXG5JE2zXtybvfudHwDBmhV3fdp64eJ5fnjWHA5JhhBqOUdi9XZiPW