1 ... 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 1945
iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/24 11:46 a.m.

Girlfriend called me on the way to work the other day.

So I went and tossed the spare on and aired it up a bit. 5 minutes later she calls me again.

Oof. I guess it's time to put the summer tires on.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
5/3/24 12:07 p.m.

That moment when your teenage son thinks he's being a E36 M3head to a younger sibling, but it turns out to be Dad.

Yeah, walking down the hallway he decides to kick shut the door he just saw open thinking it was his little brother (since it is usually who comes out of that room). Except it was me. And the my ankle. Commence the backtracking about how he had no idea it was me...which still shows he meant to do it to someone.

Yeah, that gaming PC's MAC address is going to be banned from the network for another day.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/24 12:31 p.m.

I have two this morning:

1. All of the gas stations by us have either a $125 or 25 gallon limit. I hate having to do two transactions to fill up my truck with its 33 gallon tank.

2. I'm driving on a state highway. The speed limit is 50mph. There's a Prius two cars ahead of me. They turned into a driveway for a church/daycare place and then suddenly stopped as soon as they were clear of the road to let someone else come out or something. The person in front of me was also trying to turn and had to slam on their brakes to not hit the Prius but that left their car about 2/3 into the lane. I was in the clear until the do gooder in the Prius stopped short. Luckily I got the truck stopped with about 3' to spare. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/3/24 1:39 p.m.

Because I'm a long term customer with the satellite company they offered me a significant discount on my mobile plans. So they transfer me to the mobile division, who has no idea why I was transferred. So I explain, and they run through the promotions. Sure, it's not a bad deal, but I don't need 200 gig on my phone. So they offer me some lesser plans that aren't particularly competitive, then discover that I only have satellite with them ... and that I'm not eligible for a discount.  So now they're offering me internet plans so I'll be eligible. You just showed me twice that you have no idea what you are doing and wasted 10 minutes of my time. Do you really think you'll get more of my business? I wouldn't have your satellite if I had a choice.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/24 2:10 p.m.

So I've got autopay set up on all my bills. Just one glitch. Bank of America will not enable autopay on my Bank of America credit card. As a consequence, I've been late a couple times with the associated penalties. 

Seriously? And good luck finding anyone within the organization who admits this issue, much less can do anything about it!

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/24 3:08 p.m.

This job has been on the schedule for a month. Remove the operator on Friday and reinstall on Sunday after your masons rebuild the block wall around the door.

Now, 2 hours before the job starts, you want to change the reinstall to Monday? Sorry, the answer to that is no. I'm already booked Monday and I won't change it to suit your inability to plan in advance. Your trash door doesn't take precedence over another hospital's Labor and Delivery door. You can have Sunday as previously scheduled, or the next available day, which is Thursday. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/3/24 3:10 p.m.
slefain said:

That moment when your teenage son thinks he's being a E36 M3head to a younger sibling, but it turns out to be Dad.

Yeah, walking down the hallway he decides to kick shut the door he just saw open thinking it was his little brother (since it is usually who comes out of that room). Except it was me. And the my ankle. Commence the backtracking about how he had no idea it was me...which still shows he meant to do it to someone.

Yeah, that gaming PC's MAC address is going to be banned from the network for another day.

Been there.

Tunakid 1: Tunakid 4 hit me!

Tunakid 4: It's not my fault, I thought you were Tunakid 2!

Toyman!
5/3/24 3:24 p.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

That would be enough to make me never use that card again and to close the account. 

Had a weird dream this morning.

I was outside, on a ladder messing with something on the roof on the front of the house. The neighbor to our left, which doesn't exist in reality because we live on a corner lot, came over to introduce himself. They had moved in a few weeks ago. I had noticed he had a bunch of cars in various states of disassembly. He seemed to be a Mopar guy because he showed me this beautiful Hemi Orange 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona on steelies(?) and an E body 'Cuda that was basically a shell. We talked for a bit about cars and then he spotted one of mine parked in the grass next to the house (which also doesn't exist in reality).

"What is that?!" He exclaimed. I proudly told him that it was a 1984 GMC Vandura that I had chopped into a pickup. He seemed enamored by it, which was weird because he owned the literal holy grail Mopar.

That's it. Then I woke up. I noticed daylight shining in around the hotel blackout curtain. Hmm, that's weird; I never noticed that before, I thought to myself. Then I checked my phone. It was 0654. I had my alarm set for 0530. I sat there for probably 30 seconds trying to make sense of the time. Then once I realized what was going on, I leaped out of bed and got ready. I ended up only being 30 minutes late to my training class.

TL:DR - Had a weird dream featuring a 1984 GMC Vandura pickup but it was because I overslept an hour and a half.

I'm blaming the 5 beers I had last night before bed for the vivid dream.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/24 10:03 p.m.

My finishing machine decided to die a Viking death on a slab so I rented on for my pour.

Rented machine wouldn't start. Concrete is a ticking time bomb that costs thousands of dollars if you fail.

Had to hand lay it down while going thru the Why The berkeley Doesn't This berkeleying Engine Just berkeleying Run Checklist with the guy working with us that had mild mechanical ability and less concrete finishing abilities on about half a lung 

" Does it have berkeleying gas?" Yes but half a tank. "Fill the berkeleying thing up with new gas from can"*

Still no start

" Pull the spark plug" Plug is fouled." Pull the plug from the compactor with the same engine and see how it goes"

Still no berkeleyING start

Etc, you get the idea. After everything we started hitting the various components with sticks and he tried pull starting it about 150 times until it worked, while I'm working my ass off in the middle of a slab yelling various ideas. Best guess is the throttle stuck, the gas was E36 M3 and the plug was too fouled.

I'm bitter

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/24 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Thank you for reminding me to pick up a couple cans of starting fluid. I'm tired of not having that around.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/24 11:36 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Literally what I said, and at least one is going in the work truck.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/5/24 12:19 p.m.

Whatever happened to customer service?

We drove to town this morning to get some stuff, and PW brought her prescription to drop off at the pharmacy. She does her groceries Tuesday, and this allows ample time to pick up. She comes back out, the pharmacy is closed, I'll come back another day.

I don't think so, we walk back in.

Hi customer service, what's going on with the pharmacy? Oh, he's here, I don't know. Well, what are you going to do? There's nothing I can do, only the pharmacist can go in there, right (speaking to the other customer service woman)? I try to explain that I don't want them to fill the prescription, just find out why it's not opened. Sure, but there's really nothing we can do. If he's here maybe you can speak with him and find out what's going on. There's really nothing we can do sir, the pharmacist is the only one that can do that. They were remarkably uninterested in helping.  OK, call the manager, I said. Oh, he can't do anything either. Seriously, as I'm now getting agitated, just call the manager, and we'll see if he can do something. OK, she says, making a face and shaking her head. Manager arrives promptly, says, oh, that's not right let's figure out what's going on sir. We go there, it's unlocked but nobody's inside. He finds the pharmacist and let's him have it. There are customers waiting for you, you were supposed to be opened 40 minutes ago, this is not acceptable. We submit our prescription. The manager apologizes.

I go back to customer service, speak to both customer service ladies individually and tell them, that was an easy problem to solve.  You didn't do it.  You really need to be better, and walked away.

I doubt that I'll enjoy anything all day as I much as I did that.

I certainly hope the manager did the same.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/5/24 9:24 p.m.

When calls the heart. 

It's a terrible soap opera. For those that haven't seen it, it's a small town in Canada, set some time ago in the long past, and they're far away from civilization anyway. Here's the gist of my complaint. It's especially pertinent with the men, many of the main characters are mounties. They ride out to go catch some criminal or do some huge investigation, they are gone for 3 weeks or 4 weeks, they take with them pretty much nothing for provisions, they leave with perfectly pressed slacks and bright red vests, they live off the land, they hunt down the bad guys, they fight off bears, they come back into town a month later. Their hair is perfect, they don't have a smudge of mud or dirt on them, they don't seem upset, not even thirsty. Everything's fine it's just like they walked out of the dressing room. 

So sometime in there, some guy gets back from chopping a few cords of wood after lunch, looking perfect, not sweating, not thirsty or hungry or anything, not a smudge of dirt or dust on him, and then your wife looks at you with a sad sad look wondering what she did to choose you instead of that guy.

Now the women are the same way, but they don't go on excursions like this. The main lady, can't remember her name, raising a kid by herself, but somehow every morning her hair is perfect, her makeup is perfect, her corset is perfect she's wearing a push-up bra for some reason all of the time. Also she teaches school somehow. 

As you can see I don't watch it very much. But it's worse than that, that's not my rant, my rant is not about a terrible soap opera otherwise I would have a lot of rants. 

My wife and daughter love it. I have had to ban my son s from being in the same room. It's not possible to not heckle the show. I can't even do it. There are so many ridiculous things that we all see, and we can't help but say something. It's like trying to watch a fast and furious movie and pretending you can suspend your disbelief.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/24 9:42 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I've only seen one or two episodes of the show and also noticed a lot of issues with all of the characters apparently being made of the same stuff as that Hyundai from Walking Dead. One of the episodes involved women working in a coal mine which I guess is the only thing in the WCTH universe filthy enough to soil the characters.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/24 10:16 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I mean, it's effectively 25 1-hour Hallmark movies in a row. What did you expect?

Next you'll be telling us that self-absorbed lawyers and overstressed ad execs don't come to small town America to find the soulmates they didn't know they needed.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
5/5/24 10:20 p.m.

Bought yesterday for a little treat this morning after a 12hr day/evening yesterday for May the Fourth events. Thanks Meijer.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
5/6/24 12:52 a.m.

Sitting in the emergency vet waiting room, because my cat may have suffered a minor stroke while I was out of the house today, but not sure.  Vitals are steady, so we're pretty much last in line for the doctor, and have no idea when she'll be seen.

And I feel like a jerk for not realizing something was seriously wrong earlier in the day because she was acting oddly then, but I attributed it to her separation anxiety.  Didn't dawn on me that it was something worse until she was acting odd at bedtime, and not following her regular routine, since she tends to stick to her pattern every night.

Toyman!
5/6/24 9:51 a.m.

The fact that your security company takes 10 days to respond is not my problem. I would consider hiring another company.

Your inability to plan or execute a project is not my problem. This is what happens when you try to control the job instead of turning it over to the professionals. 

I was scheduled by your contractor to install our part of the project on a certain day. That is the day we completed the work.

The fact that your security company, whom you contacted, failed to show up on the specified day is not my problem. 

The fact that your security company is incapable of following simple written instructions when they do show up is not my problem. Again, I would consider finding a more professional security company. 

Your failure to communicate with your contractor or my company to reschedule me to be there when the security company actually was on site is not my problem. 

However, You calling my employees and cussing them out because of your failure to plan and your security company's inability to do their job is my problem. I handle my problems fairly promptly. Moving forward we have a couple of options. 

You can cool your jets, pull up your big boy pants, and act like a professional. I will happily work with you to help you overcome your failures and solve your problems.

You can continue to cuss and yell at me, and all future communication will be through the GC and via email. 

You can continue to harass and cuss at my employees and I will come get my materials off the job and you can call someone else. In this case, you and the company you work for will be blacklisted. I will also send your employer an email explaining why they are blacklisted. 

The choice is yours.

I would suggest some counseling on anger management and professionalism. You have been found lacking in both. 

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
5/6/24 10:41 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Hope your kitty gets better soon... :)

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/24 11:15 a.m.
Peabody said:

Whatever happened to customer service?

Different departments in the same building. The floor employees probably aren't allowed to mess with anything relating to the pharmacy or it will cost them their jobs.

Calling for the manager at the start would've been the best move. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/24 12:27 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Hopefully she's alright- it definitely can be difficult to tell when pets are having problems sometimes, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/24 12:42 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

So glad I no longer work in anything construction related.  Too many PMs, foremen, or whoever think that yelling and screaming is the only way to get E36 M3 done.

Toyman!
5/6/24 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I have and will tell contractors and customers to call someone else.

We always do what is needed when scheduled. If I can't meet their schedule I will tell them upfront. If I have the contact information I will happily coordinate with the GC, electrician, and security company to make sure a project goes smoothly. I would rather do that than make multiple trips. If something goes sideways and it's my company's fault, we handle it and make it right even if it costs me money. 

I will not, under any circumstance, put up with unprofessional behavior. Throwing a temper tantrum was trained out of my kids when they were 3. My wife isn't allowed to cuss me out, I damn sure won't put up with it from some knuckle dragging construction idiot. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
5/6/24 2:58 p.m.

Why does every conversation with a close relative have to be political? Talking about the kids swim practice? Snide political comment. Talking about walking to the new restaurant down the street? Snide political comment. Cooking dinner for a party? You guess it, snide political comment thrown in out of nowhere. I absolutely never bring up politics to this person, or any topic even close. But every berkeleying time they try to steer it to whatever stupid talking point of the day has been issued.

1 ... 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 1945

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ao139JwSvrwXOZ6Moe6r1d1iuFckKyCwyRurxnZTRgnO9LQyQNeVf92IoomdWamR