sevenracer
sevenracer HalfDork
8/16/23 11:31 p.m.

I have 4 rotor housings that are pre-RX7 style (twin dizzy maybe?). They have stock ports. The chrome is in great condition on all 4, no flaking. These won't work with RX7 irons because 2 of the tension bolt holes don't line up to the RX7 pattern.

I'm trying to find someone who is into the early 12A stuff who has a use for them. I'm looking for $300 each.

Unfortunately, I don't have any matching irons. I do have some 12A RX7 rotating assemblies (e shaft, rotors, front counterweight and stock flywheel) that I can sell as well, but anyone interested would need to verify that will work with these housings - I think it will but can't say for sure.

A couple of not great pics. I can get better pics for anyone interested:

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/23 5:11 a.m.

Send me a PM?  I know someone who may want the rotor housings and I'm casually interested in the other 12A parts.

If they are genuine twin dizzy parts (you can tell by looking for the corrugated sheetmetal between the chrome and aluminum, looks obvious to the naked eye) then you shouldn't use iron apex seals or the chrome will flake quickly, it's got to be carbon-aluminum like Mazda used on those engines.  But everything I have heard says you can use later 3mm / single side seal rotors with those rotor housings, geometry wise.

sevenracer
sevenracer HalfDork
8/19/23 1:46 p.m.

PM sent.

These appear to have been made using the Steel insert process - they look the same as the RX7 housings I have. That should be chrome that is ok for steel apex seals, right? So maybe these are pre rx7, single dizzy 12A parts? I'm not well versed in pre RX7 stuff.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IVoz5vjxw2bAEjILPlvfbip9Kr6LpJ8y4mDdPAWD534u1HiBFRtlQwACvsrANGXl