Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
5/24/24 4:55 p.m.

When I was younger, I had a group that I hung out with and we messed around with cars together, and did st00pid stuff.

As we got older, one by one, my friends got married, moved far away, stopped playing with cars, died, or all of the above.   I still screwed around with cars, but lately it isn't the same.  I feel isolated, and the fun isn't there like it was.   It definitely got worse during the pandemic.    I lost my gearhead father, my inlaws, and a few close friends.    It's difficult to get motivated anymore.  I still have a support group of good friends, including several from this very forum, but no one is local.   

I guess if anyone is in the ChiTown area and wants to meet up sometime, regularly or not, I'm hoping to get my groove back.

I'm not sure if anything will even come of this, but I'm just happy if someone is willing to listen.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
5/24/24 5:13 p.m.

The town I grew up in (Downers Grove) had a sweet Friday night car show that I loved attending even I didn't have a cool car.  Covid killed it off and I don't do much either and maybe when I get the Z started I can cruise over - go to Dukes.....oh wait, dang.

I live in Locktucky (near Joliet) and maybe we can grab a night out. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/24/24 6:14 p.m.

If I'm willing to drive to Flossmore from McHenry county to hang out with Robbie, anything inbetween should be game.

Anyone want to go to Summit? Pick-n-Pull has 40% off this weekend. 

5/24/24 6:34 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Dukes is now in Mokena, so likely easier for you to get to than before.   Honestly, even though it is much further away for me now, it's a less annoying drive than going a couple miles down Harlem.

Would definitely be willing to meet up again.  laugh

5/24/24 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

There's a 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee at Summit that I pulled a few parts off of when it came in.  Was a Canada Spec vehicle, and I might be interested in a few more parts from it.   The original El Famous is also right down the street, but I've never been there before midnight, or without a cruising Archer and Back of the Yards beforehand ...  

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/24/24 9:15 p.m.

I feel the same way at times. My buddies have either moved away or just quit working on cars.

BTW: I'm out on Aurora.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
5/24/24 10:22 p.m.
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself said:

Dukes is now in Mokena

It's not the same......

5/25/24 8:42 a.m.

TBH, I started going there back in the mid-80s.    It wasn't all that even back then.   
We were just looking to hang out somewhere before cruising Archer.

5/25/24 8:44 a.m.

In reply to GPz11 (Forum Supporter) :

I get out that way from time to time.    There's a U-Pull out there that I try to keep an eye on.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/24 1:26 p.m.

I'm going to the Summit Pick n Pull tomorrow.  Possibly the Hammond  Pick n Pull too.

If you're interested, cell is (ate won 5) 5 too 9  - 87 oh 4.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/26/24 4:56 p.m.

Wish I lived out there still, surprised the Chicagoland GRMers don't have any regular meetups. 

Might be time to organize another Midwest GTG.

5/26/24 6:04 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

If you still lived out here, we'd both be in trouble.

5/26/24 9:27 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I'm going to the Summit Pick n Pull tomorrow.  Possibly the Hammond  Pick n Pull too.

If you're interested, cell is (ate won 5) 5 too 9  - 87 oh 4.

Sent a message around 4PM.   Never heard back.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/1/24 6:56 p.m.

If anyone is around Aurora, I'm planning on going to the 2 brothers roundhouse cars and coffee in the morning.

I'll be the only one there with a Merkur.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ztxPxWfqaGpJSdqZWiZbGH2DaatGFnjn6FJLPWsmISnKVjNzkn3GjFrn28Wb4SXZ