Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/23/21 7:45 p.m.

I think thats a quote from Hal Needham

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
3/23/21 11:25 p.m.
P3PPY said:

In reply to jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) :

Huh. So does that ever impact the choice of car used? I guess related question: is the choice of car usually strictly dictated by the script?

Sometimes, yes, we get to have say in the car they get.  Sometimes we just specify rwd if they want drifting and other times we get to help pick it as more of a character.  
But often (if not usually) we get what we get and good luck. 
As expectations grow, there is more awareness of the necessity of sufficient equipment to achieve what they want.  They start to see that they need certain things if they have certain demands!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/24/21 11:42 a.m.

Still love this thread!  (And the article, and the cool guy who wrote it!!)

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/24/21 6:42 p.m.
jfryjfry (FS) said:
P3PPY said:

In reply to jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) :

Huh. So does that ever impact the choice of car used? I guess related question: is the choice of car usually strictly dictated by the script?

Sometimes, yes, we get to have say in the car they get.  Sometimes we just specify rwd if they want drifting and other times we get to help pick it as more of a character.  
But often (if not usually) we get what we get and good luck. 

Man. That part of choosing a car for a character would be a fun discussion around a card table. 

This may be entirely hypothetical since there aren't a lot of superstar FWD cars out there, but let's say they want drifting with something incapable of it-- cafeteria trays???

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
3/25/21 9:21 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

It happens more than you'd think: I get told I'll be drifting a car and I ask what kind.  They don't know....  so I tell them what drifting is and how it needs to be a certain kind of car.  (Rwd, ideally manual, and able to turn off the tc, sc, etc enough to do it.

I show up and it's a civic.    

the good news is that there is a higher-end level of cafeteria trays - ezdrifts.   They are plastic (delrin?) tire covers that can let you slide a Fwd a lot like drifting a rwd.   It's a unique technique but it works quite well. 

but sometimes they say drift but they don't know what they mean. They really just want it to slide and ebrake stuff works just fine. 

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
3/25/21 9:22 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Haha I'll send you your monthly check on the first. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 11:17 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry (FS) :

My commission rate just went up! cheeky

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ejfElH9DDJkiYW81JPSi8y99RoL8Kka8gVVgazakkLttYvuYKSjivIiYuzZU7YJl