1 ... 441 442 443 444
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/9/24 9:27 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Minor confession: I think the VR6 is one of the worst sounding engines ever made and they only get worse as you deviate from stock.

Strong words from a spinning Dorito guy.  Don't you also have something Subaru powered?

Much sound badness.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/9/24 10:26 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Minor confession: I think the VR6 is one of the worst sounding engines ever made and they only get worse as you deviate from stock.

Beer Baron 🍺 said:

Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Worse than a Nissan V6?

I'd rather sound like a Wookie than like this guy:

RE: Bristol Excrement Powers VW Beetle - Page 3 - General Gassing -  PistonHeads UK

VQs are the worst engine sound in the automotive world.  And yes, the farther you get from stock, the worse they are.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/9/24 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Read that as much sound badass. 
I should replace my glasses while I still have benefits. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/24 10:47 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Strong words from a spinning Dorito guy.  Don't you also have something Subaru powered?

Much sound badness.

I played a lot of DOOM as an impressionable teen and the sound of the chainsaw brought me to rotary attention smiley

I have a Subaru engine in a car but I wouldn't classify it as running, per se.  I did adapt a Chrysler oil pressure sender to it last night, so there's still actual progress happening.  In theory the Megasquirt will be able to read it and not only log oil pressure, but turn on an oil pressure warning light at different pressures dependent on RPM.  You know, just like my five cylinder Volkswagen could in 1986.  10psi is fine at idle, 30psi at 4000rpm is not fine.

Usually I am driving a five cylinder Volvo, the sound of which has been described as "angry Wookiee", although you can't really hear that over all of the Darth Vader breathing noises it makes.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/24 4:16 p.m.

I started watching the Tom Brady roast on Netflix. Not a huge sports fan, but wow this is funny and horrible.  It probably reflects poorly on me but my stomach hurts from laughing.  Nikki Glazer is hysterically filthy.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/15/24 4:28 p.m.
Peabody said:

It's been five weeks and I'm thinking of going back to work one day a week. 

Mrs. O'lady is driving me crazy. I'm driving her crazy. I miss having two lives, my work and home life. I miss the social aspect and I miss the structure of having to get up at a certain time to be somewhere and actually having a deadline to get things done. 

I've since come to my senses.

There was a get together for one of the guys we worked with. He sold everything and is moving out west. I went mostly to hang out with my lady friends, but I bought buddy's dinner and beers. Afterward Apprenticeboy and I went to the plant to visit one of the maintenance guys on afternoons. After being there for about 30 seconds I thought, berkeley this E36 M3, no way I'm coming back here.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/19/24 6:49 a.m.

Yesterday I forgot to pre charge my auto dimming weld shield before I struck an arc. I am still a little weld blind this am.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
5/22/24 4:16 p.m.

This morning when I saw the Snap-On rep walk in, I grabbed some pliers and snapped the tip off of a pick, Just so when he came up to me with a flyer to tell me about the new wizbang stuff available I could cut him off and ask for a replacement.

It worked. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/25/24 12:59 p.m.

I firmly believe that The Batman with Robert Pattinson is better than at least two of Christopher Nolan's three Dark Knight movies.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/25/24 4:37 p.m.
Duke said:

I firmly believe that The Batman with Robert Pattinson is better than at least two of Christopher Nolan's three Dark Knight movies.

The Robert Pattinson film is my favorite Batman film. Partially because they actually have Batman doing detective work. The Nolan Batman was just a brute and a fighter, but Batman is World's Greatest Detective.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
5/25/24 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'd have to think about it, but I might agree with you.  The Batman kind of felt like a grown up version of Batman: The Animated Series to me.  I mean that in a good way.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/24 5:07 p.m.

I'm going to have to watch that movie. You guys don't recommend crap.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
5/25/24 5:16 p.m.

The  Harley Quinn animated series (on HBO max I think?) is absolutely hysterical

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/25/24 6:14 p.m.

The only Batman movie I've ever seen had Batman running around with a lit bomb and no place to throw it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/25/24 6:53 p.m.
Peabody said:

The only Batman movie I've ever seen had Batman running around with a lit bomb and no place to throw it.

Ah, so The Dark Knight Rises. wink

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/24 7:09 p.m.
Peabody said:

That one is a lot of fun.

Duke said:
DarkMonohue said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Beer Baron 🍺 said:

Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Worse than a Nissan V6?

I'd rather sound like a Wookie than like this guy:

RE: Bristol Excrement Powers VW Beetle - Page 3 - General Gassing -  PistonHeads UK

VQs are the worst engine sound in the automotive world.  And yes, the farther you get from stock, the worse they are.

There is someone on my street that owns a lowered, straight piped Chrysler Crossfire. They drive by my house at least 3 times a day. Since I live on a corner, I get the (dis)pleasure of hearing it accelerate away from the stop sign.

The sound it emits makes a VQ sound like a Maserati GranTurismo at full sing by comparison. 

It's horrible. Like literally if diarrhea was an exhaust note.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/26/24 12:17 a.m.

I know it's pretty stupid, but I really enjoy shows like Pawn Stars every once in a while. Where else am I going to see a cannon shooting a bowling ball a mile with that kind of production quality?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/26/24 9:05 p.m.

Pierre Gasly Sounds like a Scooby Doo villain name. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/24 11:17 p.m.
NickD said:
Duke said:

The Robert Pattinson film is my favorite Batman film. Partially because they actually have Batman doing detective work. The Nolan Batman was just a brute and a fighter, but Batman is World's Greatest Detective.

I'll actually agree with you on that, maybe. I didn't really like the Tim Burton one because I don't like Tim Burton movies, and I really didn't like all the other campy versions either.

The Nolan movies just aren't very good as movies, except the middle one with Heath Ledger's Joker.  Overlong, overblown, under-organized.

So for campy Batman nothing beats the original TV series, and for serious Batman, the best of the bunch is the one nobody expected to be any good.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/5/24 10:18 a.m.

I've finally moved the supercharged Miata into the garage and started getting it running and fixing the oil leak that's haunted me for 2 and a half years, but now that I'm kind of wondering "Okay, once I fix it, where does this car go from here now that it's retired from racing?"

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/5/24 2:49 p.m.

There is a Reels channel on FB where a guy winds up an Evel Knievel stunt bike toy with an electric drill and makes it jump all kinds of stuff. Filmed in epic slo-mo.  I watch it way too much.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
6/5/24 8:39 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Those videos are more entertaining than they should be 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/5/24 8:44 p.m.
NickD said:

I've finally moved the supercharged Miata into the garage and started getting it running and fixing the oil leak that's haunted me for 2 and a half years, but now that I'm kind of wondering "Okay, once I fix it, where does this car go from here now that it's retired from racing?"

Wherever it is going, it will get there very quickly.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
6/5/24 8:46 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

There is a hot wheels race series channel on YouTube that has new episodes on Friday.  It has become something I look forward to more than I care to admit.

1 ... 441 442 443 444

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
irrOHS3KKB1f4HZBQYCpcFST5ngS4xDfYo8sLEcYOOk4t6pCDJekvyXOhkv3rL6B