1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:44 a.m.

This is not mine but I went to a local car show and there was an amazing Cooper S there with a Uber frame and a 427 in it. I was hoping somebody might know the car and tell us some more about it?

Sorry about the cell phone photos and he was just leaving. That's all I could get. Beautiful work!

Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:45 a.m.

Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:46 a.m.

theonlyiceman53
theonlyiceman53 New Reader
10/15/22 8:07 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens : I had nothing to do one day so I figured I would cut a car in half.  It just happened to be a 74 MGB GT.  I should have made wall art out of it and called it a day, but no, I just had to put it back together 10 inches wider and with a 1UZ-FE and Corvette front suspension.  The bodywork is done, and just more sanding and paint to go. The engine hasn't been run and absolutely not thought to the interior. I have a bone stock GT in white, so I'll paint this one white also. Hoping to cause some confusion around town.  Maybe if this works out I'll do the same with one of my Jensen GTs. (No freaking way!)

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/15/22 9:17 p.m.

I hope this thread isn't limited to cars. I'm building a steam locomotive themed meat smoker. Here's where I am on it 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/15/22 9:19 p.m.
theonlyiceman53 said:

In reply to David S. Wallens : I had nothing to do one day so I figured I would cut a car in half.  It just happened to be a 74 MGB GT.  I should have made wall art out of it and called it a day, but no, I just had to put it back together 10 inches wider and with a 1UZ-FE and Corvette front suspension.  The bodywork is done, and just more sanding and paint to go. The engine hasn't been run and absolutely not thought to the interior. I have a bone stock GT in white, so I'll paint this one white also. Hoping to cause some confusion around town.  Maybe if this works out I'll do the same with one of my Jensen GTs. (No freaking way!)

I approve of this build

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/22 9:28 p.m.

That build is so correct in every way.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/17/22 7:34 p.m.

In reply to NashGTI :

I noticed the 70s Plymouth race car.  Is it a real Richard Petty race car? Since know one asked.

Tazz9924
Tazz9924 New Reader
10/19/22 7:33 p.m.

I am beginning my build of the worlds fastest lawnmower! Goals: 200-220hp, 400ish pounds, 8 second 1/4 mile, 160mph! Multiple world records. 

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/20/22 9:46 a.m.

Pulled out of years in storage.
Picked this up from the owner from southern Calif to bring it to Oregon. He asked me to work on it for him.
New engine, new clutch, fuel pump, etc, etc...a year later it was ready and delivered it back.

BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter)
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/9/22 5:21 p.m.

In reply to theonlyiceman53 :

When fender flares are just too much work.  Fantastic!

selenakim12098
selenakim12098 New Reader
1/30/23 11:25 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

RickD
RickD New Reader
4/24/23 11:34 a.m.

Hi all.

Is it acceptable to post links to the Youtube videos for my project build thus far?

--Rick

benbeames
benbeames New Reader
4/24/23 1:11 p.m.

I made a video series on youtube about how I built a GT40 partially from scratch and the intial development we did on it at autocrosses.  Thought people here might be interested.  It may bee too boring, but I tried to liven it up with occasional segments of my young son making fun of me.
The preview is here: https://youtu.be/9NNiNCVPmFw

The whole boring series so far is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoolQMkFx9To6Mc-okimaFLEmiIQkr2uc

Right now its at kind of a high level overview on how I did things.  But if people are interested I could do more on the nitty gritty.  The thing is I'm no expert.  This is more about what I tried/did rather than a "this is how you do this."

RickD
RickD New Reader
4/24/23 7:49 p.m.

My project:  A 1991 Lotus Esprit that had been sitting in a parking lot unattended in Florida for about 5 years.  Google Earth shows that about 2 years ago (1 before I bought it) the roof had been busted in so the interior was open to the FL heat, rain and critters for at least a year.

Home in CT about a year ago (duct tape roof)

Interior completely removed.  Every single piece needs to be redone.

After putting a new timing belt on it and turning the engine over I discovered coolant in the motor oil.  This pic shows the engine coming apart.  Ultimately I pulled it out and brought it to a machine shop. They discoverd the cylinder liners were leaking.  That's the current status of the engine.

Going away for the winter last year after being power washed.

Biltoo
Biltoo New Reader
6/11/23 12:06 p.m.

Not quite done and done.

Now the '72 has company.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
6/26/23 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Kendall Frederick :

Ditto. I f*cking LOVE Panteras.

conall
conall New Reader
6/29/23 6:41 p.m.

These are mods I have made to my Camaro over the last few years.

I just wanted a fun, reliable daily driver car for commuting over 40 miles per day. 

I wanted the V6 Camaro because the weight distribution is nearly perfect.

I could modify it from there, since I can never leave well enough alone anyway.

I put the aFe intake on the same time as I installed the larger 80mm throttle body. Stock comes with 73mm tb.

You can see the adapter tube at the front of the tb, and the adaptor plate on the back end connecting to the intake manifold.

I also uploaded a 91 octane tune from Overkill Motorsports.

I started working a little on aesthetics with a rear "high kick" spoiler, and I painted the Chevrolet bow tie insignias flat black (front and back). After adding the spoiler, though, the car is noticeably more stable in crosswinds on the highway.

Recently I replaced the OEM wheels with lighter weight Enkei's.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/30/23 10:21 a.m.

Since it's almost done...

1985 Celica GTS with a VQ35/CD009 six speed. All amenities; cruise control, a/c, stereo, full interior. Using as many OE parts as possible for later serviceability.

Arominus
Arominus
7/7/23 8:26 p.m.

Ive just finished up a rebuild on the 4age blacktop i swapped into my 87 mr2. Its breaking in now and then i can start getting after it. The car also has a C60 i rebuilt w/ carbon syncros and a KaaZ LSD, BRD poly motor mount inserts and im waiting for my set of Bob Pham Coilovers to be built. I also just put the Advanti Storm 15x7's on it with RE-71RS's and will be doing a full suspension rebuild once the coilovers arrive. 

This car is sweet and i paid $500 for it running a few years ago, i also got lucky on the blacktop locally and got it for $600. Im way deeper than that now and i regret nothing. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/26/23 6:02 p.m.

Not car related but I am building it so here it is. It's a meat smoker for a client who liked my Chew Chew Train smoker but wanted something bigger, much bigger. It's 14 feet long and 4 feet in diameter and so far weighs about 4400 lbs. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/26/23 7:35 p.m.
iansane said:

Since it's almost done...

1985 Celica GTS with a VQ35/CD009 six speed. All amenities; cruise control, a/c, stereo, full interior. Using as many OE parts as possible for later serviceability.

Oh My God... Brilliant. 

Of course we want to see a build thread, or just action pics, or put simply, more.

Inspired build.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/11/23 6:08 p.m.
benbeames said:

The preview is here: https://youtu.be/9NNiNCVPmFw

The whole boring series so far is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoolQMkFx9To6Mc-okimaFLEmiIQkr2uc

I just watched the first couple of videos. Very entertaining and impressive.

The fact that Hayes makes manuals for non-production vehicles was lost on me. I'd like to have a whole collection.

conekillerautox
conekillerautox New Reader
8/15/23 11:01 a.m.

Finally Enjoying the 1979 Datsun 280zx project I have been finishing up the last 2 years. 

Purchased not running or painted for $500 in TN. Hauled north to PA and spent about 8 months stripping car down, redoing a lot of the metal work, and making it styled more like the s30 chassis/body style and less box like with crash bumpers.  Next was tearing the motor down completely and rebuilding it from the bearings up. Adding some go fast bits like flat top pistons and a lopey cam.  This car in 1979 was EFI!...but the sound of triple weber carbs was something I have always wanted...even with their notorious unreliability for holding sync.  The car was completely gutted and I rewired the whole car to run without any EFI. It significantly cleaned up the engine bay.  I had to delete the brake booster to fit the webers but when replacing brakes I also added a chase bays hydraulic handbrake.  New msa header to a single 2.5" stainless exhaust straight back to an HKS HiPower muffler. I ended up needing to rebuild the entire 5 speed transmission so I took the time to do axles, bushings, all wheel bearings, and a 240sx coil over conversion as well.  Welded in a roll cage and some NRG seats with Takata harnesses mounted to the wleded harness bar. The car runs on a Holley fuel pump and psi reg set to pump 6-8 psi and reduced to 3.5-5 at the engine for the weber carbs. Pulls fuel from a 15 gallon internal sump double feed fuel cell and also utilizes the fuel psi return to this cell as well. All new brake lines, gas lines, etc etc.

Conekillerautox  on youtube and instagram if people wanted to see more videos or photos of the datsun or all the other randome projects including the worlds first rear mount turbo V12 Mercedes Benz!     I am trying my hardest to get it back on the road by 2024 - but powered this time by a big single turbo 6.0 LQ4  I am beginning to rebuild!  (This car was on carthrottle and eventually I went back to big twins on the front of the v12 again but I decimated the engine with an accidental boost spike at 27+ PSI before I could shut it down...didnt save it :( ...) 

this is the merc that had the twin turbo v12 setup that will be getting a 6.0 LQ4 with a huge snail 

when it was rear mount turbo. drove/raced from PA to CA and back (5700 miles) did rt 66 entirely on the way out. No issues in 120 degree temps but did struggle with oil psi in elevation in Colorado and no 93 octane.   

Piguin
Piguin New Reader
8/17/23 3:14 a.m.

Inspiring builds on both.

And interesting how much better and S30 -ish the datsun looks when taking off the fenders and adding the classic 'flares'.

Do you have a write up on them somewhere, or only the videos?

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IaISInxl1Sn3wW5IrnSuRfMptUCukmGYd5VOBEz9WvC2prPwS2N71FjFAcjhu0S6