1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
stroker
stroker UberDork
1/23/22 8:57 a.m.

Well, the Packers didn't cover themselves in any glory last night.  If I were the Special Teams coach I'd be polishing my resume...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/23/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

I didn't know that the Packers had the worst special teams in the NFL (or one of the worst).  They covered it up with good offense, which wasn't there yesterday.

Today's game in Tampa, I'm kind of torn.  Being a Michigan grad, I like Brady.  On the other hand, being a Lions fan, I'd really like to see Stafford get his due- he was largely abused here in Detroit- and having the opportunity to play for LA has made a lot of Rams fans here in SE Mi.  

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/23/22 10:34 a.m.

Watching Qaaron flounder was joyous.  This morning he dines on his smugness.  Feast at the trough of karma you ass bag.  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/22 11:14 a.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to stroker :

Today's game in Tampa, I'm kind of torn.  Being a Michigan grad, I like Brady.  On the other hand, being a Lions fan, I'd really like to see Stafford get his due- he was largely abused here in Detroit- and having the opportunity to play for LA has made a lot of Rams fans here in SE Mi.  

In the same boat, but I'm firmly in the Stafford/Rams camp today. Tom's got plenty of rings. smiley

And I cannot express my joy at watching the Packers choke that one away at home in perfect Packer weather. Against the team that A-A-Ron has the biggest personal grudge against. Made my night. FTP!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/23/22 6:27 p.m.

That was quite the ending of a game.  Looked like the Rams were going to blow the Bucs out, but could not plant the dagger.  And then the GOAT brings them back.  Only to have Matt Stafford drive the Rams down for the game winning FG.

Up until the end, this game never appeared that it would end exactly like the last two games did.  But it did anyway.

Fueled by Caffeine
1/23/22 6:28 p.m.

Brady and qaaron lose in one weekend.   It's like  the best birthday present ever b

Fueled by Caffeine
1/23/22 9:59 p.m.

Bills chiefs.  That was the Super Bowl right there. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/22 10:03 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

That was a hell of a game

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/23/22 10:16 p.m.

Impressive games - all down to the last minutes...

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/23/22 11:43 p.m.

And it was this > < close to having all four home teams lose in one weekend.  But the Chiefs offense... wow.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/24/22 7:04 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

And it was this > < close to having all four home teams lose in one weekend.  But the Chiefs offense... wow.

Funny thinking- when the Bills scored, I actually thought it was too fast.  And then I thought- "what are you thinking- it's just 13 seconds."  Never thought they could move that far in 2 plays.  Bills D was overly gassed at the end there.

Amazing ending.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/24/22 8:08 a.m.

Fortunately/unfortunately this weekend probably had the best games and the Super Bowl is going to be a stinker.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/22 8:39 a.m.

I'm still keyed up 10 hours later from that Chiefs-Bills game.  I barely slept last night.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a better QB duel.  

I feel bad for Josh Allen, and maybe a little for Bills fans in general.

Hopefully between this and the '18 AFCCG they'll modify the overtime rules so both teams get at least one possession.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/24/22 9:19 a.m.

A funny thing I just "noticed"- remember how the Rams-Bucs game ended- where Stafford drove the Rams down the field with almost no time left to kick the game winning FG- sure seemed like it was the ultimate ending when the other games actually had time to move the ball and finish the game.  

Then there was the Bills- Chiefs game.  Every game was ramped up from the previous one, it seemed.

What an amazing weekend of football.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
1/24/22 9:40 a.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

I think Romo said during the broadcast, "whichever QB gets the ball last will win the game" and that proved accurate.

1/24/22 12:35 p.m.

Even though I'm nominally a 49ers fan I don't see them advancing past the Rams.

The defence will do spectacular, deebo and kittle will pull off something great....and then Garoppolo will do something utterly stupid that wipes all that out.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/24/22 12:39 p.m.

Just need my Bengals offense to show up and have Burrows get out of the pocket unscathed for a run or two.  9 sacks was hard to watch despite the win.  Our kicker needs bonus pay.

1/24/22 2:25 p.m.

I don't think Rodgers will retire either, I think he wants one more chance at a Superbowl. I don't see him staying with the Packers again either.

I still think a trade to the 49ers is possible because its a good situation for him and he grew up a fan. Garoppolo and picks isn't ideal for the Packers but I'm not sure they are getting a ton of better options. 

For the 49ers it would work great though, Lance gets to sit for a year or 2 and learn and Rodgers gets to ride off into the sunset

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
1/24/22 5:57 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

The defence will do spectacular, deebo and kittle will pull off something great....and then Garoppolo will do something utterly stupid that wipes all that out.

Certainly possible, but one of the post-game talking heads compared this 49ers team to some of the old Eli Manning led Giants teams - that somehow manage to play above their presumed level of talent. You just never know... that's why they play the games. 

It definitely sounds like Rogers won't be in Green Bay next year since he has basically said he doesn't want to be part of a "rebuilding" period. But would he better than Garoppolo?  Hmm... that's not entirely clear. I'm not sure Rogers is on the same level as Brady who somehow manages to bring the players around him up a level.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 10:11 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I thought the exact same thing.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/24/22 10:18 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

That is a tough one to answer. I think Rodgers is probably top 5 in QB history in terms of talent, but he's too much of a drama Queen and not enough of a team player to really pull through. But I still think an improvement on Garapollo

1/25/22 12:19 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Certainly possible, but one of the post-game talking heads compared this 49ers team to some of the old Eli Manning led Giants teams - that somehow manage to play above their presumed level of talent. You just never know... that's why they play the games. 

It definitely sounds like Rogers won't be in Green Bay next year since he has basically said he doesn't want to be part of a "rebuilding" period. But would he better than Garoppolo?  Hmm... that's not entirely clear. I'm not sure Rogers is on the same level as Brady who somehow manages to bring the players around him up a level.

I'm admittedly not a huge Garoppolo fan, he's a pretty limited qb with some great people to throw to. He always seems to complete the 5 yd pass that his recievers get the rest of the yardage needed for whatever. He has more than his fair share of dumb passes too. Looking at metrics he's not great either. Eli Manning could be a decent comparison really

Rodgers for all his arrogance and stupidity is a great QB. If anything I could say he's too careful at times but his actual skill is superb.

Lance sitting another year is t a terrible thing. As a general rule letting young qbs sit isn't a bad idea. Sure their are outliers but that system works well. Steve Young is a good example of this. When he was chucked into the fire in his first 2 years as a Buc, he sucked. Then he sat a few years behind Montana and ended his career as one of the better QBs to play the game.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/25/22 7:10 a.m.
mtn said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

That is a tough one to answer. I think Rodgers is probably top 5 in QB history in terms of talent, but he's too much of a drama Queen and not enough of a team player to really pull through. But I still think an improvement on Garapollo

If I were a GM, I would seriously look at his performance in the playoffs.  If you look at the plays at the end of the game- it looks that he changed the plays to ones that would look good if they got it, but with lower odds of finishing.  Especially in a game position where the Packers had all of the control- enough time to move the ball down and kick a FG with 4 seconds left.  Which is something that Rogers is good at- in the regular season.  

Instead, they had a 3/out giving the ball to SF, which did exactly that.

So did Rogers change the play to try to hit home runs when walks and singles were not only safer, but the way to finish the game with the ball?

Fueled by Caffeine
1/25/22 8:19 p.m.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/22 12:18 p.m.

This probably should be in the meme thread, but I thought it might be more appreciated here.

I am thinking, at least during the playoffs, let the game run as long as it runs...

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VNY6pTHHaD5WwviL35ynIecShIvqRQ3AQif5xbJ8TrqD4EN2zG5YzZsTGIudSzJG