1 ... 4 5 6 7
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 4:29 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

you're not "real". And, despite a few of you, this is still a decent place to talk with people about personal issues. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 4:30 p.m.
dculberson said:

Here's my dream location:

Mount Roraima's Most Awe-Inspiring Photos All In One Place

Just me and my family, caring for the top of a tepius, ignoring the world.

Where is that and can we have one next to yours?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/8/22 4:32 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

This messaging is weird. 

bobzilla said:

I'm tired of people.

Bob:  I hate people.  I don't want to speak, interact with them, see them, or live anywhere near them IN PERSON.

Also Bob:  *posts on social message board discussions WHERE SPECIFIC POLITICAL DISCUSSION IS DISCOURAGED , interacting with lots of people BUT NOT IN PERSON*

You missed a couple of important subtexts there.  I've filled them in for you.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/8/22 4:38 p.m.
bobzilla said:
dculberson said:

You know, if you went in halves on it with dculberson you'd save a ton of money...in fact, it'd be a down right bargain if you shared it with a few dozen people.

Nevermind Ignore It GIF - Nevermind Ignore It Gilda Radner - Discover &  Share GIFs 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 4:41 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

I'm glad my pain can be your fun. At least one of us can enjoy it.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/8/22 4:50 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

No, no, no, I didn't mean it that way at all.

Please read my other post where I called out others for not being understanding.

My post was just a failed attempt at humor, or irony, or ???

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 4:51 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Sorry.... just getting used to the standard bash. My apologies. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 5:13 p.m.
RX Reven' said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

I didn't get the "kick 'em in the nuts when they're down" memo...could you or Steve_Jones please forward it - thanks.

Please show me where I am kicking the guy.  I posted "just don't turn on the TV or Click the website if you don't want politics as it makes life much easier" and got E36 M3 on for some reason. Sorry, but it really is that simple, don't want to read political stuff online? Don't click the link.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I don't click links. I don't watch news. I try and stay away from it. But when literally every commercial during her prime time crap show is a highly slanted political ad there's no escape. 

just like there's no escape from people who just have to push every mother berkeleying button to do every berkeleying thing they can to make sure everyone else is just as berkeleying angry as they are. Congrats. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 6:15 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You're angry at the world for some reason, and it's a lousy place to be. All I'm trying to say is ignore the ad if it's gonna push your buttons. It's a slanted ad, and? Why twist yourself up over a TV ad? What does it solve in the big picture? I assume you ignore ads for other things, why not the political ones? You seem to think others are angry and pushing buttons to get you angry, and that'll kill you from stress alone, try and let it go, it's a better way to get through the day. I haven't been angry in many years because I figured out I can't change anything except my attitude, and it's much better than the alternative. I know it's easier said than done, but start with the simple stuff. The Ford store down the street sounds horrible, but in the big picture, if they don't pull the parts, will your Wife love you less? Will your car break down? You're digging an early grave trying to fix stuff beyond your control. If THEY don't care to fix themselves, why beat your head against the wall on their behalf?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/8/22 6:18 p.m.
bobzilla said:
dculberson said:

Mount Roraima and I sure don't mind. We can set up a can and string network to talk once every six months or so. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/22 6:49 p.m.
bobzilla said:

I don't click links. I don't watch news. I try and stay away from it. But when literally every commercial during her prime time crap show is a highly slanted political ad there's no escape. 

just like there's no escape from people who just have to push every mother berkeleying button to do every berkeleying thing they can to make sure everyone else is just as berkeleying angry as they are. Congrats. 

Get some Samsung buds and listen to audio books. When my kids are watching their annoying shows in the living room I put mine in and listen to podcast. They have a noise canx feature and when you see your wife trying to talk to you just tap one and it's pause for you to hear her.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 6:53 p.m.

It's the depression and anxiety. I can't expect you to understand. I don't have control over it at all times. I manage it with the tools I have at my disposal. When the world aroubd you is a pissed off angry and depressing place AND you are already in the time of year that you are most vulnerable to your condition it's a failure point waiting to fail. It's not a case of if but when. 

then you ask people to step the berkeley off and they keep pushing and then they want to play victim? Yeah .... 

yupididit
11/8/22 6:59 p.m.
bobzilla said:

It's the depression and anxiety. I can't expect you to understand. I don't have control over it at all times. I manage it with the tools I have at my disposal. When the world aroubd you is a pissed off angry and depressing place AND you are already in the time of year that you are most vulnerable to your condition it's a failure point waiting to fail. It's not a case of if but when. 

then you ask people to step the berkeley off and they keep pushing and then they want to play victim? Yeah .... 

Have you tried therapy?

I have anxiety and PTSD and therapy was the best thing I've ever done for myself and my family. You'll get more out of it than you'll ever expect. Just find a therapist that you connect with and keep going! 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/8/22 6:59 p.m.

Bob is not nesicarialy expressing himself the best, but I think most can understand his points, and I think you could as well. But it appears you are enjoying being argumentative with him, even after he politely asked you to let it go. I guess that's not in your nature. 
No need to argue with me about it now, you CAN continue to be argumentative, since it's an open forum. Or you could back out since he asked, and would not loose any face at all. 
Just a point of view. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/8/22 7:04 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

95% of the therapy I've persued has not been a help. Definitely an avenue worth persuing, but can't assume it works great for everyone. 
Glad it did help you. And I've found other "tools" for me. Clinical is a lot worse than situational... and either are a long road!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 7:04 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I'm well aware how depression and anxiety work. I'm lucky enough to not suffer from it, but my Wife and all of my kids do. It sucks, and when meds work, great, but when they don't work, or need to be changed, it's tough.  You do have control over some stuff though, like turning off the TV or ignoring the commercials that you don't like. I'm not playing victim, you just don't like what you hear. 

yupididit
11/8/22 7:05 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

It took me awhile to find a therapist that worked for me but I also had to put in the work. If you don't then you won't get results either. Not saying you didn't. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 7:07 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I'm not arguing with him. I'm telling him if the TV is causing him issues, turn it off. He wants to say why he can't then complain about what he sees. They all have a power button. Go back a few pages and look at my first response, it hasn't changed. I'll bow out now so he can continue to get more positive responses vs people concentrating on my posts. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/8/22 7:23 p.m.

Exactly. Yet you keep saying it. That's being argumentative, he's asked you to stop, and now two others have.

but, if it makes you feel better to say it again, dispute all that, you have the right to be argumentative if ya like  

Myself, I ain't gonna loose sleep if you listen to good advice or not. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 7:39 p.m.

berkeley off steve. Seriously. Go berkeley with someone else. 

therapist: I had a great one before the Covid bullE36 M3. I still use the tools she provided me on a day to day basis. Evaluating my place in the circumstances and how I can either change how I approach them or deal with them. Then the E36 M3 hit, and it went tele-conference. That was worse than nothing at all. It made me more frustrated. After the E36 M3 settled down that therapist has moved on to other things and I had to start all over. Did not click with the new one and I stopped wasting everyone's time. 

my wife unwinds after a stressful day of teaching special Ed kids by watching E36 M3 tv shows while I rub her feet. Turning the tv off isn't an option. Maybe for others it is. Good for them. Truly. But I need to keep her sane, relaxed and able to continue what she's doing as well. It's not just me with issues in this house. But I guess I should just follow the internet advice and take away her relaxation and wind down tools because sone berkeleytard repeats it a dozen times because that's all he knows. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 7:40 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

He's one of those people that gets off on berkeleying with others. Every single thread he gets involved in he destroys. Now this will be next. So I guess I have him to thank for berkeleying me over a little more. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
11/8/22 7:49 p.m.

Hang in there bud. I hope your good days and moments outpace the bad. Winter is tough. I just got a repair estimate for $11k for my 2016 ram truck that broke an axle while I did the right thing and sent it with my kid to socal for his Air Guard duty, while I fix his 99 4runner. So dumb. Somehow my zen molecule is hitting at just the right time for once in my life. I will fix it, it will be fine. 

Just hang in there. 

yupididit
11/8/22 8:04 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You're not wasting anyone's time by seeing more therapist that you can click with. 

Did you see my post about listening to music or audiobooks while you rub her feet? 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/8/22 8:06 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

He does tend to be a bit loud about jumping on his soap box! Thing is, I tend to agree with his basic thoughts! He just sometimes comes across a a jerk...

You and I both can, as well, so I try to not let it get to me!

I don't think he was singling you out to pick on this time. 
Only advice atm is the ol' one foot in front of the other! Ain't much, but... 

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8fFFN5o0r2yi5k7i4yj3qqFmnjfyAmEyj8h4kpyX0dV4jQb0g2bbNjA9C5hTwZF5